KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » What's this site about?

What's this site about?
Started by: Viseus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Viseus
Philosopher

What's this site about?

So this is mainly a Star Wars forums site, right? It's not all that clear at first glance, allthough there is a majority of Star Wars related forums here. And it's also mentioned in that first welcome thread. But how about a brief description of the site under the "KillerMovies" heading on the front page, the purpose of the site, etc. This would make it more obvious for new people (like me) what this place is all about. Just a humble suggestion for an otherwise great site...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2001 12:06 AM
Viseus is currently offline Click here to Send Viseus a Private Message Find more posts by Viseus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, this often causes confusion.

Basically, what happened is this: Raz set up a Star Wars site (episode-ii.co.uk) about 18 months back, he also attached a small discussion forum.

The site proved popular but the forums became VERY popular indeed over time. They also became the official forums of Ratcat's site, now found at Swmovies.net. Odd thing is, Raz rarely posted there but he kept it going and it got a life of its own.

However, while EZbboard proved a good platform for the forums for quite a while, about five months back EZboard went to pay-or-be-sunk-by-pop-ups mode, and Raz was forced to find somewhere else to go.

By agreement with a freind of his he attatched the forums to Killermovies.com (which his friend ran). The boards moved to a different server, and to represent the new alliance the movie discussion area was created.

Of course, most Star Wars fans are movie fans as well, so that was fine. And a link between KMC and these forums was made. However, this place started out as a Star Wars place and it nwill always remain the dominant theme- though all are entirely welcome, of course.

Since then the board has changed servers again (but is still linked to KMC) and Raz's site has pretty much shut down due to time constraints (though NOT RC's which is looking very strong indeed).

So what you have here is a big Star Wars board that got associated with a movies one. And that's why it ishow it is.

Hope this helped!

As for front end description, that IS something currently being discussed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 20th, 2001 09:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viseus
Philosopher

I see... thanks. Actually, I did use the board at EZboard for a while as well. (I think it's the one, called "The New Jedi Order"?)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2001 12:22 PM
Viseus is currently offline Click here to Send Viseus a Private Message Find more posts by Viseus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's KJ's site; he used to be at the EZboard then he split off and made his own one (NJO), then more recently he came back here again.

Raz's old one was:

http://pub5.ezboard.com/bepisodeiigalacticsenate

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 12:14 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

A hole in one for Ushgarak!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 11:34 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Viseus I don't remember you. Did you have another name on my board?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 02:09 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viseus
Philosopher

No, same name, but I only posted a few mesages there last month. Apparently long after most people had stopped using the site. So I'm a newbie in both boards.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2001 02:33 PM