KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » VBulletin Question :)

VBulletin Question :)
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

VBulletin Question :)

Is VBulletin free? I checked out vbulletin.com and im not sure you have to pay to create one of the boards or what. Im trying to transfer a ********* site to vbulletin and i was just wonderin'....

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 09:59 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Well Raz will know better, but as far as i know, v.bulletin is not free. Why? Because its quality!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:01 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Yeah, this looks TOO good to be free but i was j/w sad lol

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:04 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

rest assure, it's not free and it is expensive

vBulletin Leased License (lasts one year) is $85
vBulletin Owned License (unlimited amount of time) is $160

further you have vBulletin Leased License (branding free option (that will allow you to remove all Jelsoft/vBulletin references from the product) and professional installation (where a Jelsoft team member will install the software onto your server)) 135 and 120 bucks
and telephone support if you go premium from 60 to 300 bucks

then we haven't mentioned the servers, which need to accept php, mysql etc. and those servers don't come cheap either...

so... now you know it's not free and why we have ads here wink

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:07 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Holy cow! I didnt know it was that much! So much for transfering my board! LOL. But this site looks nice enough.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:09 PM
Peach
mordrem

To set up a board using vbulletin or something similar, you have to have your own server space -- the majority of free servers don't allow PHP and MySQL, which you need to run a board like this. And vbulletin you need to pay for, so it's not free. My server came with Invision board pre-installed on it, so I lucked out.

So to set up a good message board, you're going to have to shell out some cash.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, you can take the one year licenced one for 85 (see if it picks up speed and then buy a new licenced or go for a owned one)

leave the leased licence and telephone support and it's already a lot cheaper... problem is finding a host of course

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I noticed that! Well ill stick to my crap for a while, until i can find somethin else.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:14 PM
Peach
mordrem

I know of a lot of decent hosts that aren't too expensive...my server plus one year registration for my domain name was $48 a year.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

That aint too bad. The board im hosting from is completely free but you have to pay to remove ads....how exciting lol. It doesnt matter though.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:39 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

It's that much!?

So much for creating mine! my job doesn't shell in that much cash no

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:42 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, if you do the the $160 owned licence it's already easier to bare

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:56 AM
Kelly_Bean

I dont have a job, thats why i said forget it stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 12:50 PM
yerssot

not difficult to get one

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:27 PM
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
rest assure, it's not free and it is expensive

vBulletin Leased License (lasts one year) is $85
vBulletin Owned License (unlimited amount of time) is $160

eek! wow....

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:28 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote