KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Sig Question

Sig Question
Started by: Kael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kael
The Lone Wolf

Sig Question

personally i think the dimesions and size of sigs is too low and if possible change to meet more peoples needs to something around this area

Signature Size: 700x120 pixels, 100kb

its just a thought

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:59 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, some can only get on dial-up, so it's to save their modem from breaking down

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

yeah, but it should'nt effect them too much it would just take a tiny but longer to load the page.

i have dial-up and i've been on many sites that have large pics and vids and doesn't take too long to load and my modem hasnt broken yet !

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:26 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that was raz his excuse up till now wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:28 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

500 x 200 pxs and 30 kb are more than enough IMO yes

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Last edited by TOH on Jul 10th, 2004 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:49 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

700?nah, and on my crappy cpu, sig images take up half the width of the screen as it is messed

if we're gonna change anything, I'd say avatars...but this isn't the place to discuss that, I know

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:54 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

700 x 120?
i don't like the idea, it is enough i think confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:01 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

well if i cant have the dimensions i want. the size should be increased i cant see that causing alot of harm.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:03 PM
Clovie

i just d'like to have bigger avy.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:05 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I kinda agree on size, but dimensions are fine big grin
I think it's a pain in the ass that we have the whole ten lines only thing erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:39 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

More than 30 kb means text navigation to me...

stick out tongue

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:51 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Kael
yeah, but it should'nt effect them too much it would just take a tiny but longer to load the page.

miffed: i have dial up back home ..and it takes ages to load..so any action in this area is more than welcomed. And my dial up is a particularly bad dial up (won't go into details) which i'd gladly give up to you to see how it feels.
the actual sizes are more than enough..if you know what to do with the space, that is..

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:05 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Some of the sigs are already almost half as wide as my screen. I really don't think they need to be bigger (in my perfect world, you wouldn't be allowed to have pictures in your sig at all, in fact; I'm guessing I'm in a minority on that, though).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:25 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yes, you are, on that...however, in MY perfect world we'd all be riding pink poneys.....but thank god perfect worlds don't come true wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:38 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*starts crying*

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 10:34 AM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I've seen worse. On another forum, there's almost no limit to the size of the sig. The pics aren't the problem, it's the many, many, lins of texts that make those sigs evil. I say a 500 x 200 is fine, but there should some extra space for text.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:08 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah come on, tex is on a comp named Mister Sucky with a resolution of 800*600, even those sigs they have now is too much for his pc to handle, you can't ask for more sad

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:14 AM