KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Why are these words censored?

Why are these words censored?
Started by: Dreamreaver

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

Why are these words censored?

Can someone tell me why the words Pro-boards and In-vision-free (all without the dashes) censored to appear as

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:02 PM
Dreamreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Dreamreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

to stop spamming

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

Well of course...but why are they censored for use in sigs?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:15 PM
Dreamreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Dreamreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

From the Forum Rules:

SPAM

You can, however, place links in your signature (excluding forums) as long as it is placed sensibly.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

Gotcha thanks

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:21 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

yah...i think that means what your sig is doing.....IS CALLED SPAM!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:33 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I want to know why T1ts is sensored. (when spelled correctly of course)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Because its offencive??

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:44 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dick and Cock aren't censored, they're no better. (And please don't sensore these)

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 6th, 2004 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Besides, I thought we were supposed to have a PG-13 rule here, the word t1ts can be seen in numerous PG-13 movies, it's not an offensive word. I can't see how anyone can be offended by that.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:50 PM
The Inkeeper

well, if sombody was to post

'get your **** out'

It might be seen as vulgar

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:53 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

perhaps possibly because Dick is also a first name ? (the Dick Van Dyck show)
and that Cock is a name overhere? (a police series where the inspector introduces himself as "My name is the Cock with C - O - C - K... or a defender on the right flank for Club Bruge : De Cock)

BackFire

Boobs is still allowed, that means the same thing.

lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Sauron
well, if sombody was to post

'get your **** out'

It might be seen as vulgar

Indeed.

Besides, someone must have posted something about it that was vulgar, therefore Raz senored it.

It kind of says a lot about people who cant converse with out using vulgarity and swearing.

I dont see the need to make any sensored words unsensored. Its just gonna lead to more insults, but its gonna be more visible.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:56 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

You can still insult people without using swear words, the message is still the same, just people are trivial about the package in which said message is delivered. Shallow shallow people.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 08:56 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Re: Why are these words censored?

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamreaver
Can someone tell me why the words Pro-boards and In-vision-free (all without the dashes) censored to appear as

As said to avoid spam.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:24 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote