KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Horror Fest 2006

Horror Fest 2006
Started by: socalsurfah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socalsurfah

Horror Fest 2006

Has anyone heard about horror fest 2006. I just got a link from a friend to the myspace page and it looks kinda of interesting. it starts at the end of october(just in time for halloween) and is a US based nation wide horror film festival.

there is also a beauty pagent to become Miss Horror Fest 2006. guys/girls/who ever can submit a video to youtube.com and have a chance of winning $50,000. not bad for dressing up and making a scary or funny video.

anyways, i guess this isn't the first year that it has been run and i was wondering if anyone has gone to it before.

I guess all of the films are new this year and were made by small production companies or by indy film makers.

cheers everyone.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 11:00 PM
socalsurfah is currently offline Click here to Send socalsurfah a Private Message Find more posts by socalsurfah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Sounds like Spam.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 11:01 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 12:59 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thorinn
That thing is really going to town.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 01:47 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Originally posted by Barker
Sounds like Spam.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:00 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by Thorinn

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:31 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

no expression

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:03 AM
Hazardous

Originally posted by Barker
Sounds like Spam.

No, its a pretty cool festival for amateur filmmakers. I've seen footage and so on from previous years, some of its quite good, but because of low budgets and so on a lot cant really break into the mainstream popularity.

Should be moved to Horror forum, its worth keeping there.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:47 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Sounds pretty interesting yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 12:55 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brookefeo

Tickets are on sale on the website, and I hear other more traditional sites, but I haven't been able to find that yet. There is just an email on the website. $75 for 8 movies . . . hmmm.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:34 PM
brookefeo is currently offline Click here to Send brookefeo a Private Message Find more posts by brookefeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

don't know about no nation-wide festival, but i was at new york for the horror film festival. I saw a few shorts, which were terrible. But i did get to meet Tony Todd aka candyman.

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 05:41 AM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

when they comming to dvd is what i wanna know

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 05:55 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chigawop

I wanted to add a link so you can check it out, but since I'm new, I'm not allowed. The site is at horrorfestonline.com

I've been seeing posters for this everywhere. I'm also wondering if anyone been to a previous one? Is it worth going to? Personally, I think this is a great idea, I've just been burned by so many bad horror movies that I'm wondering if it's worth it.

If I may ask, how did you find out it's $75?

Last edited by chigawop on Oct 30th, 2006 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 07:13 PM
chigawop is currently offline Click here to Send chigawop a Private Message Find more posts by chigawop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There's nothing to suggest it will be $75. The tickets aren't on sale until Halloween, which is when ticket prices will be announced. $75 for 8 movies is RIDICULOUS to begin with,especially considering the nature of the movies. Almost $10 a ticket, when most matinees are $5 a piece...?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:16 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I am only interested in seeing one of those eight movies.

So far, one of them, just by the previews, is scaring the shit out of me, hahaha. The one movie with the people with huge grins and white eyes, that remind me of Eddie from Iron Maiden cover art.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 01:41 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote