KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » we really need a versus anything forum

should we have a versus anything forum
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 16 57.14%
no 12 42.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

we really need a versus anything forum
Started by: fanboy 1988

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fanboy 1988

Smile we really need a versus anything forum

I recently posted a thread like this on the star wars vs forum and it got closed for some unknown reason.. it pissed me off a little so I thought I'd make another one here

we need a versus anything thread for video game, movie, comic, or star wars related characters.....

your not allowed to post star wars stuff in the comic book versus forum, you can't have comic characters vs video game characters in the video game vs forum, and you can't have anything but star wars shit in the star wars vs forum...

It'd be cool to have a forum were we can compare all these characters to each other, and for the people that say it's impossible to compare someone form lets say Star Wars to someone from LOTR cause there from different universe's. Take a look at the comic book versus forum, people compare characters from different universe's there all the time, Superman vs Thor, Lobo vs Gladiator, Batman vs Captain America.. It's done all the time in a way that makes sense to.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:32 PM
fanboy 1988 is currently offline Click here to Send fanboy 1988 a Private Message Find more posts by fanboy 1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, although you should be able to include Star Wars characters in the comic book vs. forum, they have quite a few comics out, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:42 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

We shouldn't even have any versus forums to begin with.

Let the bitching and arguing begin. smile

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post May 13th, 2007 10:46 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
Yeah, that would be pretty cool, although you should be able to include Star Wars characters in the comic book vs. forum, they have quite a few comics out, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Being as all of the versus forums have rules in place that state that something that's in that forum must originate in that format, no, SW should not be allowed in CBVS.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 13th, 2007 10:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

versus forums should be deleted. nothing good comes from them.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 14th, 2007 12:54 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

I dislike vs forums in general no expression

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:25 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanboy 1988

^ I love them if people have good unbiased reasons behind there claims ...

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:30 AM
fanboy 1988 is currently offline Click here to Send fanboy 1988 a Private Message Find more posts by fanboy 1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

an impossibility imho

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 14th, 2007 12:57 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by BakaXero
Agreed.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post May 14th, 2007 02:56 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Originally posted by BakaXero

Surely it would be a good idea, then, to just have one into which they are all compiled?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 14th, 2007 03:18 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Barker

Let the bitching and arguing begin. smile

Old Post May 14th, 2007 08:25 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Versus forums are stupid. Most of the charachters you compare, you don't even know anything about them, and people try to twist and twirl crap in order to win a debate.

But atleast it's somewhere where people in KMC can go to debate.

However, I love watching people dissing each other in VS Forums.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 15th, 2007 12:23 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

my post from the stars wars versus forum

"Yes I agree.We need at least one forum for like a random versus forum.Their may be different universes,but if that's the main reason why we can't cross them in this forum,why are we allowed to do so then in the comic book versus forum?We can put Marvel U vs DC universe,yet we cannot cross these with the Star wars universe in either forum.Who in the hell is trying to protect Star Wars?If it's going to be that way,we may as well have a seperate forum for DC versus and marvel Versus.Not to mention all the other characters who don't even belong to Marvel or DC."

As stated before,Star Wars has comic books as well.Game such as metal gear have gotten the comic treatment too.I don't see it being a problem.As long as it makes for good debating,which it does.
I remember my Solid Snake vs Wolverine thread.That was awesome.
One could argue that DC and marvel have had cross overs in the past and that's why they can have their characters fight eachother.However,these fights aren't even considered to be cannon,so the events that take place in these books are for debate.
Let me give a good example as to why the way the VS forums work now is seriously flawed.

In the video game versus forum you can only put two characters against eachother who originated in a video game.No comic book characters allowed.So in other words I can put Crash Bandicoot against Solid Snake or any Metal gear character for that matter.I can even put Spyro the Dragon against the Chaser from Resident Evil.Yet I can't put Snake against wolverine,or something like the Predator against the chaser.Seems like their isn't much of a balance of power of their anyway.So we can already make an endless amount of matches that would really make no sense.That being said,what would be the big deal about a random versus forum?

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 15th, 2007 01:01 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Versus forums are stupid. Most of the charachters you compare, you don't even know anything about them, and people try to twist and twirl crap in order to win a debate.

But atleast it's somewhere where people in KMC can go to debate.

However, I love watching people dissing each other in VS Forums.

somehow, that admittedly kinda sounds like the religion forums. erm that's why i always try to avoid it as much as possible.

---

anyways, agreed with bakaxero.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:04 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

I'm in favor for a versus debates forum which covers pretty much anything. Mainly because we already have a whole load of them here anyways, yet all those different genres are not allowed to merge. Now a few of you have said that all you get out of versus forums is "bitching and complaining". Yet "bitching and complaining" come wholesale in the general discussion forum where politics, religion and world issues are discussed with a rather "fiery passion" I might add. If such a manner of behavior can be tolerated then surely a versus forum for everything can be tolerated as well.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:48 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Barker

Agreed. Dumbest damn things Ive ever seen in my life. no expression

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:56 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

More or less, the moderators are inclined to disagree.

If you don't like my thread closing decisions, well, you can thank the idiots who have proven time and again that a Versus Anything forum would fail.

"Master Chief doesn't exist in Star Wars, so Yoda can't use the Force on him!"

Oi. That'd be a nightmare.

But if you're going to complain about my moderator decisions and say it's my fault, then I think you're going to find that I hate the Vs. forums about as much as anybody, and you won't get a very friendly response.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:10 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by doan_m
I'm in favor for a versus debates forum which covers pretty much anything. Mainly because we already have a whole load of them here anyways, yet all those different genres are not allowed to merge. Now a few of you have said that all you get out of versus forums is "bitching and complaining". Yet "bitching and complaining" come wholesale in the general discussion forum where politics, religion and world issues are discussed with a rather "fiery passion" I might add. If such a manner of behavior can be tolerated then surely a versus forum for everything can be tolerated as well.

Your correct.I don't see how mods could find a verse forum such a headache with some of the other crap floating around here.Like I said before,universes are crossed anyways in these forums.Narrowing it down to game characters or comic characters makes little difference.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:40 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Captain REX
More or less, the moderators are inclined to disagree.

If you don't like my thread closing decisions, well, you can thank the idiots who have proven time and again that a Versus Anything forum would fail.

"Master Chief doesn't exist in Star Wars, so Yoda can't use the Force on him!"

Oi. That'd be a nightmare.

But if you're going to complain about my moderator decisions and say it's my fault, then I think you're going to find that I hate the Vs. forums about as much as anybody, and you won't get a very friendly response.

I find that funny considering the comic book versus is probably the most active forum on this website.That forum alone outdoes the majority,if not all the forums on this website in terms of activity.If your talking soley about mods hating the VS forums,I understand.But if your talking about everyone as a whole I would find that a little inaccurate.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:43 AM
Peach
mordrem

Comic Book versus is not the most active forum on here at all. That would be the OTF.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote