KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Get Rid Of Post Counts?

Vote
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Keep Post Counts On the Forum 19 45.24%
Get Rid of Post Counts on the Forum 15 35.71%
Undecided (Don't Care) 8 19.05%
Total: 42 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Get Rid Of Post Counts?
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Get Rid Of Post Counts?

This is a poll to help decide whether or not that the KMC "Post Count" should be obliterated... Due to the topic coming up just in the last few days.

Pros:
Less Spammers for Posts
Dropping the idiots who compete for Posts
Dropping the Spam Threads
People here for nothing but spam, leave.

Cons:
The Spammers Will Get Angry? laughing out loud

Well, here is the poll, so you.. KMC Decide on what you think... Vote your choice today.. If you care or not happy

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 06:53 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

This is a poll to help decide whether or not that the KMC "Post Count" should be obliterated... Due to the topic coming up just in the last few days.

Pros:
Less Spammers for Posts
Dropping the idiots who compete for Posts
Dropping the Spam Threads
People here for nothing but spam, leave.

Cons:
The Spammers Will Get Angry? laughing out loud

Well, here is the poll, so you.. KMC Decide on what you think... Vote your choice today.. If you care or not happy

roll eyes (sarcastic) Way to miss the point of the entire thing, Vinny.

It would have been only for abolishing the post count of the OTF, this poll would need to be in the OTF.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 07:30 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

According to a few people, it was for all post counts.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 08:41 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Either remove the post count in its entirety, or not at all. If this will only apply to the OTF, then I will vote against.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 09:00 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Storm
Either remove the post count in its entirety, or not at all. If this will only apply to the OTF, then I will vote against.

I made this to get rid of them all.

I voted for getting rid.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 09:37 AM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I don't really care.. I don't pay any attention to them so I don't mind if they stay or go.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 09:43 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

If post counts are going to be discontinued, then Thread counts should be eliminated too.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 10:04 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

How much of a problem is it, really? I mean looking at it now, I don't see anything wrong with it. Spammers will come and go, regardless of post count.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 10:40 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a problem.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 10:43 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If post counts are going to be discontinued, then Thread counts should be eliminated too.

They are. Do you see anything in your profile that tracks how many threads you have?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 02:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
They are. Do you see anything in your profile that tracks how many threads you have?
wait, is Vinny talking about thread counts in our profiles, or overall?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 02:47 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Lana

Well....find all threads.

Also, Vinny should be banned.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 03:04 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Most people who spam in the 1,000,000 post thread do it because they want the 1000th post, removing post count won't stop them from spamming.

Maybe we could have a word count function instead? smart To show many words were in a members post on average.

...And just close the 1,000,000 post thread and others like it.. no expression

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 03:25 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well....find all threads.

Also, Vinny should be banned.
laughing

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 06:27 PM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I brought this idea up most recently, this should be my thread with my name on it, *****.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 11:06 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I say remove them.

Also, Rogue Jedi is my toilet.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 12:46 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get rid of 'em.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 02:07 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

keep em....lose em.....the forum will continue to operate.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 02:34 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Wow, I didn't even have a chance to vote

Anyways, I don't find a problem with it. Why would you want to have 'the most' posts? I never found that the post count matters, but I rather look at a person's date of joining to see how proficient he is in KMC.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 03:05 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest, that makes you just as bad. Why not look at the person's actual posts and judge them on that?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 04:24 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote