KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread

Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread

It would be cool to see if the Terminator could take on the Predator, or to give respect to such characters as Simon Phoenix and Tony Montana.

It would do some good to have a movie versus thread and a movie respect thread here. Who agrees with me?

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:01 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I don't. However, I'll let the higher powers know. thumb up

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:12 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Just give them their separate VS forum and shut them up.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 04:21 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

All these Vs. forums are a waste of space and breed scum. Thumbs down from me.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:04 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I agree that it would keep people from continuously asking, but, in my opinion, it's nothing more than a waste of forum space.

A comic Vs/respect forum? Okay.

A video game Vs/respect forum? Fine.

A movie Vs/Respect forum? All I can say is.........."Why"?

However, if enough people say, "Yes we want one!", then I'll go along with their requests and say "Yes", too.

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 5th, 2008 at 02:21 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

I don't understand how? Its a good idea.

Yes.

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 05:01 PM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

When they don't they breed scum. AkA chillmeistergen.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup
Thanks for the sig Passione.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:15 PM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

We already have Sci-Fi and Horror Versus Threads in their respectable forums.

What's the next stage we can go to? Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Vs. Johnny Cash?

Respect Roger Rabbit?

I see no point to it, really. If the vote passes, though, I'll mod it all the same, if Raz lets me, that is.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:36 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

The usual rules for creating new forums apply:

a) You need the support of a moderator, who is also willing to take the role on.
b) You need to show good support for such an idea.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 07:03 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

If enough people voice their opinion that they do, indeed, want a Movie Respect/Versus Forum, then I will show support and moderate it if and when it's activated.

However, if only a handful of people speak up and not give valid and poignant reasons as to why, then I won't support it

Like Raz said, guys: "Show good support for the idea."

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 5th, 2008 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 08:31 PM
Darth Martin

Yes, THANK YOU! I definately agree with you! Count me in.

Everytime you go in a particular forum(Star Wars Versus, Comic Book Versus, Video Game Versus, or Versus thread in Horror Forum) and you say for example Dr. Doom vs Darth Vader, Wolverine/Sabretooth vs Scorpion/Sub-Zero it gets closed because one half of the fight doesn't fit in the category of that particular forum.

Btw this is a good idea and I hope the Mods go through with this. smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:23 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Impediment
We already have Sci-Fi and Horror Versus Threads in their respectable forums.

What's the next stage we can go to? Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Vs. Johnny Cash?

Respect Roger Rabbit?

I see no point to it, really. If the vote passes, though, I'll mod it all the same, if Raz lets me, that is.
Yes but for instance you can't put Michael Myers vs Batman in the Horror Movie Versus thread because Batman does not stem from a horror franchise. Vice Versa for Michael Myers in the Comic Versus Forum. See what I'm saying?

Btw this thread is a great idea and should have a poll.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:30 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Btw this thread is a great idea and should have a poll.

this is a good idea and I hope the Mods go through with this. smile

I can't add a poll, since I'm just a local moderator. Only Globals or Raz can do such.

As I said before, my decision to support/mod a Respect/Versus Forum will be based upon how many members voice their opinions for support and show good reasons as to why said forums should be opened.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 10:26 PM
Darth Martin

Okay I'll contact Raz through a PM and ask him to add a poll and I'll try to get some supporters.

Btw I thought it would also be nice to have a Alien/Predator Forum or SubForum in the Movie Franchises area if that's possible.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 10:45 PM
Impediment
Endless

Okay I'll contact Raz through a PM and ask him to add a poll and I'll try to get some supporters.

Btw I thought it would also be nice to have a Alien/Predator Forum or SubForum in the Movie Franchises area if that's possible.

Aliens and Predator already have their own threads/Vs. Threads in their respectable forums. It wouldn't be necessary.

If you plan to contact the higher powers-that-be, please use the chain of command by asking a Global Mod before contacting the Administrator. It saves more time and avoids confusion, you know? Thanks.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 11:03 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I would like to see a respect thread, not so much a movie Vs. one but I belive that to be a good idea.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 12:05 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My thoughts, exactly. A respect forum would be......somewhat logical.

But a movie character vs. forum? I dunno.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 12:18 AM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Impediment
Aliens and Predator already have their own threads/Vs. Threads in their respectable forums. It wouldn't be necessary.

If you plan to contact the higher powers-that-be, please use the chain of command by asking a Global Mod before contacting the Administrator. It saves more time and avoids confusion, you know? Thanks.
Where? If you mean CVF they ussually close them. Oh and I already contacted Raz. sad But btw isn't contacting you using the chain of command seeing as you mod the movie forum?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 02:05 AM
Impediment
Endless

But btw isn't contacting you using the chain of command seeing as you mod the movie forum?

Chain of Command = Local Mods (what I am)<Global Mods<Raz

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 06:34 AM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Ok... I'm starting to give into that vs everything forum, then merge all the existing vs forums into that area, they could be sub-forums, and place it in a deep dark corner somewhere away from everything else. It'll be messy, but at least it'll be contained into one area.
I'm not a fan of the vs forums mainly cause i feel they a kinda reached the point of pointlessness.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 07:37 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote