KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Data Protection Act/Freedom of Information Act

Data Protection Act/Freedom of Information Act
Started by: Grand_Moff_Gav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

Data Protection Act/Freedom of Information Act

This forum is based in the UK, so I was wondering what provisions does it have to comply with the above mentioned Legislation?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 12:48 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The forum is actually based in the US. Or at least, that is where the server is, unless that has changed recently.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 02:45 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
The forum is actually based in the US. Or at least, that is where the server is, unless that has changed recently.

Oh is it, I thought Raz was in the UK...ah but the actually KMC Website is in the US...interesting that the Administrator is in another country...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:12 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Pretty normal, actually.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a UK site in its cultural origins etc but Raz long ago moved to a US server so the legal situation is American.

I think, more specifically, Texan? I might be outdated in thinking that though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 11:01 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's a UK site in its cultural origins etc but Raz long ago moved to a US server so the legal situation is American.

I think, more specifically, Texan? I might be outdated in thinking that though.
Yup. Because the server is located in Texas (Dallas, I think), we are legally under Texan law.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 06:29 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Raz
Yup. Because the server is located in Texas (Dallas, I think), we are legally under Texan law.

So...we could be executed big grin

Seriously though, is there like a legal advisor or something who tells you what you can and can't do? (In order to keep inside the law).

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Aug 30th, 2008 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 06:50 PM