KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Should we change the title of the DVD Discussion forum?

Should the DVD Discussion forum's title be changed?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 82.35%
No 3 17.65%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should we change the title of the DVD Discussion forum?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Should we change the title of the DVD Discussion forum?

Since Blu-ray is such a hit these days, I was thinking that the title of the DVD Discussion forum should be changed to something more modern like, "Blu-ray/DVD Discussion". I mean, it's only fitting to also include the format that is rising in popularity every day. While I, myself, haven't a single Blu-ray disc in my extensive library, I can't deny their existence.

Vote in the poll to show your opinion, please!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 09:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Matt can u edit the poll to include maybe or possibly..

the reason being is that like you there are others who do not have blu ray.. personally i rarely play a few blu ray movies using my PS3..

as for this, i wouldn't mind a title change as tech is changing as well

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 10:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Don't see why not.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2010 10:24 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

What about DVD and Blu-Ray Discussion forum? There are a lot of movies that are not available on BR.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 12:51 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

That's what I meant, actually. I still want to include DVD, since it is still the number one format.

I was thinking "DVD/Blu-ray Discussion" or something along the lines.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 03:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Sounds good. Duhhhh on my part for not reading all of your OP.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 05:10 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 06:45 PM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Maybe change it to a more generic title to fit any and all technologies, therefore it wouldn't be too specific to any of them. That way it would fit people who want talk about , VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray and any other new one that comes out in the future.

Perhaps 'Movie Formats Discussion' or something along those lines?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 08:42 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Maybe change it to a more generic title to fit any and all technologies, therefore it wouldn't be too specific to any of them. That way it would fit people who want talk about , VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray and any other new one that comes out in the future.

Perhaps 'Movie Formats Discussion' or something along those lines?
I don't agree... I think "Movie Formats Discussion" sounds like a terrible name for a forum.

DVD/Blu-Ray Discussions sounds fine to me.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 08:10 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Saying that, this forum will be a part of the merge anyway when it happens.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 08:11 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I don't agree... I think "Movie Formats Discussion" sounds like a terrible name for a forum.

DVD/Blu-Ray Discussions sounds fine to me.

I am stung by your criticism... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 07:28 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Saying that, this forum will be a part of the merge anyway when it happens.

I don't think it will. The DVD forum should stay separate, in my opinion.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 03:39 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

wow, sole vote against it =P

I too see no reason not to, but I also see no real reason to[i] do it. I think pretty much everyone realizes that though Blu-ray and DVD are [i]technically different, they have the same purpose and deliver largely the same results. No one's going to be confused if they see blu-ray threads in a DVD forum.

I just think the change would be unnecessary.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 06:28 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Anarchist!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 10:53 AM
AndaleAndale
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Since Blu-ray is such a hit these days, I was thinking that the title of the DVD Discussion forum should be changed to something more modern like, "Blu-ray/DVD Discussion". I mean, it's only fitting to also include the format that is rising in popularity every day. While I, myself, haven't a single Blu-ray disc in my extensive library, I can't deny their existence.

Vote in the poll to show your opinion, please!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 04:04 PM
AndaleAndale is currently offline Click here to Send AndaleAndale a Private Message Find more posts by AndaleAndale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AndaleAndale
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 13th, 2022 04:04 PM
AndaleAndale is currently offline Click here to Send AndaleAndale a Private Message Find more posts by AndaleAndale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Well I think that section should reflect ALL KINDS OF MEDIA,not just DVD..

I like VHS and Videodisc for example.....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2022 12:22 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote