KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Slow... slooow.. slooooooowwwww

Slow... slooow.. slooooooowwwww
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Slow... slooow.. slooooooowwwww

When I come online and there's more than 3 people on the board, this place slows up big time. I check other sites to see if it's my connection, but they all work fine. Any ideas how to fix it?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 04:19 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

You might have noticed it says pub67.ezboard.com instead of pub5.ezboard.com, this is the temporary URL while the servers are being upgraded. I'm sure the speed will pick up once its completed.
BTW, don't change your bookmarks to the new URL, keep them the same!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 10:04 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, my Master.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2001 01:27 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's happening again Raz. This place is super super slow again. It sometimes takes almost ten minutes to load a page, read it and post a reply. And again, out of all the sites I visit on a regular basis, this is the only one that is sooooo slow at times. In the morning it seems okay, but when others come online, the spice flow stops.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 08:18 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

I know I've noticed the problem as well, but it seems to have speeded up, at the time of writing.
EZboard have said that they are having trouble with their ISP and are changing some of the routers to help with the speed.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 01:19 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes I read that last night, when it finally and after a lot of waiting came up.
But until last night it was still pretty bad, it seems okay this morning (i.e. March 2).

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 02:29 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Unfortunately after a good spell of brilliant speed, it died on me completely yesterday sad
The speed has picked up today, lets hope is stays that way!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 05:24 PM
queeq
Chaos

So it seems I'm not the only one. That's comforting. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 07:30 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It never loaded the message from EZboard about the problems, despite several tries, nor could I load this thread to see if it was a general problem.

Is there any chance, in future,that you can put a message on the main site saying if the forums are in trouble? SO I know it's not just me? Because if because of the problems I can't read the message saying there's a problem, it's all a bit silly...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good idea. It took me two days before I could very slowly get it up myself.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 05:42 AM
Ratcat

So you both knew there was problme! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 04:52 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, about a few hourse before it was finally solved, thank you.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 01:20 AM
Ratcat

Well stop complaining then. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 01:56 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I was complaining about the slowness, thank you very much. Pay attention, RC!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 09:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was saying that I didn't know if there was a general problem or if it was just me. Of course I knew there WAS a problem!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 03:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Oh, this is just tooooooooooo easy. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 04:00 AM
queeq
Chaos

And I thought this was a serious forum.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 03:43 AM
Ratcat

Hey, I'm being serious.

ANyway, looks like ezboard have the problme solved now.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 05:26 AM
Dim
Creativity

Yeah..for now, everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 08:32 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

The problems occured because they were swapping ISP's but all thats over now. It should be a smooth ride from now on cool

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 05:05 PM