KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » This is getting out of hand

This is getting out of hand
Started by: Jedi Mercenary

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

This is getting out of hand

topics that go to 100 posts?? c'mon people, I know you want your topic to be popular, but pretty soon it gets off topic, people start talking about what types of animals they eat, or something else. I request that someone start closing topic. I'm really surprised that UBH didn't do anything about when he posted the other day.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 09:50 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

We close topics once they reach 100.And those things just pop in from time to time.Nothing really to worry about.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 09:56 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

100??? close them at 60!!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 10:23 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

hhmm.. the bail organa topic didn't close at 100

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 10:28 AM
theEvilJedi

The Bail section didn't close because our 3 moderators are busy with personal matters. It will be soon enough. And having 100 as the limit is perfectly fine..

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 11:32 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The nature of discussion

The nature of discussion is that the topic will gradually evolves and changes, however I do agree that a lot of the long runing topics have gone very much into general discussion and jokes.

I will hold my hand up and say YES, I am as guilty as the next person with that. But when something starts up that catches peoples funnybones it does tend to snowball.

However if a topic is still relatively serious and still on a Star Wars line then I personally don't believe it should be closed, unless of course the topic is duplicating somewhere else.

As for the number of posts ina topic, 100 is a good number I think and it's at the discression of the Admins/Mods if they wish to let it go over.

One thing to remember, this is no longer really just a discussion forum, it has developped into a samll community of individuals who are getting to know eack other, forming online frieddships and enjoying a sence on comradery on the internet.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 08:00 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Re: The nature of discussion

I like it the way it is. 100 posts is about right.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 09:30 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

but don't you see?? When topics get into the higher number range, the subject changes to something else, like cat wrestling

Old Post Nov 26th, 2000 01:23 AM
theEvilJedi

Even if the limit was 60 there would still be humor added in.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2000 01:44 AM
Ratcat

Ahh, now cat wrestling.... laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 26th, 2000 05:07 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

If the topic gets cut too short then the conversation spills over into another topic anyway. I don't think there should be any limit, but if there needs to be one then 100posts is about right.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2000 05:25 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

c'mon, if it goes down to 60, there will be no more non topic posts.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 08:22 AM
theEvilJedi

Yor wrong JediM. People will still do what they want to do no matter how long or short the topic is.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 09:49 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

you're right, I'm sorry, I'm no activist I guess....

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 11:22 AM
Dim
Creativity

It's not going down to sixty...and there's nothing wrong with going a little off topic every once in a while..if members are having fun it promotes a sense of communtity..I think that's far more valuable than keeping a "clean" topic.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 11:25 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yes that's right, OK who has a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Oops! Went off topic. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 07:57 PM
KJ
Sausages

JM - Your last two posts on this subject were posted within three minutes of each other. Stop trying to get your post number up!! It doesn't matter.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 03:37 AM
Ratcat

I'd just like to say that majorities normally win out in these situations and the majority opinion is to leave it as is.

I suggest the JC discuss it based on the facts and make their decision.

I will now humbly withdraw from this topic.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 06:23 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

yes I am KJ, so what??

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 06:44 AM
Dim
Creativity

Pointless posts are discouraged and deleted...smile So when you post just to post and not to contribute it won't help your post count.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 07:37 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote