KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Stop the multiple one word posts

Stop the multiple one word posts
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Stop the multiple one word posts

Just recently there seem to be certain members of this board who will reply to multiple topics with a single laughing out loud or a "yeah" or whatever. This just seems to be a ploy to up there posting numbers.

I know we all do it occationally but just recently I have noticed rather a lot of these coming from the same people. I'm not going to name names or anything, that's for the mods to deal with but it would be nice if the "useless posts" could be stopped.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 02:35 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay...I'll see what I can do...to be honest I don't even notice that..but I'll be on the look out for it. Unless of course you were talking about me!!!!! *paranoid* smile

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 05:32 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Ratcat it would be nice to know who you are talking about. If it is me who is annoying you then I'd like to know.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 01:38 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

RC if you are refering to me than don't worry about it.I only did that once.Besides,some times one word is only needed.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 03:30 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Well, one word replies will be deleted from now on, if they have no relevance to the topic. If all you do is agree, than leave it at that, there is no use to clutter posts with that type of response, and thank you Ratcat for bringing that up.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 04:04 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Fine by me.Like I said I don't do it that often anyway.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 04:47 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

When I reply to something I try to make sure I add something that hasnt been mentioned.

Sorry guys if I'm one of those people who RC is referring to.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 05:08 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

To add in my excuses like all you, I say.....nothing! I don't think I've written a one word response in my life. In fact(can you believe it) when I first came on I wrote so much I was accussed of being boring and only UBH would talk to me. I'm sure golly glad I don't have that problem anymore, so to cut a long short story down to size and maybe make it a smidge longer I'll say I don't like one word responses. Good thing I don't do them huh.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 08:22 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

UBH I brought this to your attention about a month ago on the JC and you did nothing. What followed was a major argument.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 02:16 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

KJ, would you like a reminder of the JC rules?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 03:12 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Hey Raz!! By the way, KJ, I don't remember being around last month, because of my busy work schedule, but you should have e-mailed me, I have posted my email a thousand times for everyone.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 05:54 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Raz I don't know what you mean by that. I'm just pointing out that it was brought up before and nobody did anything.
UBH I tried to E-mail you but it got sent back and said there had been a "fatal error". This has happened three times. Do you know why?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 01:48 AM
Ratcat

Dear All,

I quite DELIBERATELY didn't mention any names as I was not out to bash any one in particular. I just happened to notice that it was becoming more prevelant from some people.

However, it is interesting just how many of you seemed to get very defenisive on this one. smile

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 03:29 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Well I haven't done it lately.I will make sure they are longer as said above.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 03:45 AM
Xizor

Ratcat....did you miss the underlying message in my response.cool

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 06:11 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I went and checked some of my posts and I could only see one time where I gave a one word answer. Ratcat- What do you expect if you don't give any names. We are defensive because you didn't tell us who you were talking about.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 08:44 PM
Ratcat

Xiz, Not sure I did get the underlying but then I am always a bi slow o those sorts of things. Wasn't that post a little long though. smile

KJ, I'm neither JCM or a Mod thankfully plus I didn't want to start a bun fight with anyone. Our mods have a job to do, and they do it well so I leave the policing ofd the issue to them.

All, My point was not at anyone who posts the odd single word reply but at the posters who will do it 3 or 4 times in a session.

Like myself, many people visit the forum and reply to a large number of posts in a session. When a number of those replies are just "Me too's" or "I agree" or, and this is my biggest bug bear, "Huh?" then I begin to wonder if they are doing it to contribute or to build up their posting numbers.

In fact it's not just small posts but sometimes even whole sentences and you look at them and think "WHY???"

But what the hey, UBH has made his decree and that is that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 09:49 PM
theEvilJedi

RC why are you thankful that you are not on the JC?Don't you want to eventually be on it?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 11:39 PM
Ratcat

I have no particular aspirations to be honest. I come here for the discussions and debate.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2000 03:09 AM
theEvilJedi

So should I notify the council of this?If I do that we will not vote for you.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2000 03:17 AM