KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Will Return of The King beat Spider-Man?

Will Return of The King beat Spider-Man?
Started by: Munkeysmithers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Munkeysmithers

Will Return of the King beat Spider-Man?

Vote

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:55 PM
Munkeysmithers is currently offline Click here to Send Munkeysmithers a Private Message Find more posts by Munkeysmithers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedQueen
Ive been a bad, bad girl.

spider man as in spider man the movie....hmm let me see... i think return of the king will be much better...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 07:16 PM
RedQueen is currently offline Click here to Send RedQueen a Private Message Find more posts by RedQueen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

no fight, lord the the rings in a knock out first round

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 07:18 PM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

WTF??? HAS EVERYONE FOROGETTEN THAT SPIDERMAN HAS BROKEN BOX OFFICE RECORDS HERE AND THERE. I mean the first movie made over a billion freakin dollars internationally. And like over 400 million domestically. THat's unbeatable. SPIDERMAN IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE KING OF THEM ALL. Return of the King will make it's money but won't be as big as Spidey or Spidey 2

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:00 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Nope, wont beat spiderman $$ wise.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:13 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i think it has a good chance... it would help if ROTK opened on a friday instead of a wednesday

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:27 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

so everybody that sees ROTK on wed or thurs has to go see it on the weekend too!!!!!! lol

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:28 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

Tongue

Definitely Return of the King will beat Spider-Man2!!!!!! yes

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 04:06 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

willing to put money on that? I'd bet my life that Spidey 2 will beat Return of the King

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 04:28 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Calinė

I'd bet that Return of the King will beat Spider Man!!

For one, Spider Man is one of the dumb sequals but Return of the King is the final movie of a VERY popular trilogy

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

You may have seen me on www.harrypotter-boards.com, forums.shoresofvalinor.com, or forum.buffyworld.com

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:19 AM
Calinė is currently offline Click here to Send Calinė a Private Message Find more posts by Calinė Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Calinė

not that I wont see Spider Man

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

You may have seen me on www.harrypotter-boards.com, forums.shoresofvalinor.com, or forum.buffyworld.com

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:20 AM
Calinė is currently offline Click here to Send Calinė a Private Message Find more posts by Calinė Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

Sleep

Spiderman 2 is not going to be a dumb sequel! I resent that statement! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:47 AM
Cleopatra
Call me Cleo

Am I the only one who absolutely HATED spiderman?!? Good Lord! Tobey Maguire is a little biotch...and the movie is for children.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 06:06 PM
Cleopatra is currently offline Click here to Send Cleopatra a Private Message Find more posts by Cleopatra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silentfaf
Vengance

i hated spiderman also it just seemed so corney hoping ROTK will beat it

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:22 PM
silentfaf is currently offline Click here to Send silentfaf a Private Message Find more posts by silentfaf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnys#1 fan
SuperJohnnyFan

Return if The King all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me..A day will come when the courage of men fail..when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day..THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

I Love Johnny Depp love

loveIcan't carry it for you but i can carry youlove

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:42 PM
johnnys#1 fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnnys#1 fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnnys#1 fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

ROTK wont make as much money. No way. most people are only gonna see ROTK because "orlando bloom" is in it. that pansy with a bow. cut that blonde hair and be a man.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 09:56 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparrows Angel
Kaylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cleopatra
Am I the only one who absolutely HATED spiderman?!? Good Lord! Tobey Maguire is a little biotch...and the movie is for children.

I totally agree with you!I mean the ending sucked shite!!

created by the talented Godshinto
"Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:17 AM
Sparrows Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Sparrows Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Sparrows Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by silentfaf
i hated spiderman also it just seemed so corney hoping ROTK will beat it

OF COURSE IT WAS CORNY. COMIC BOOKS ARE CORNY! That's the point. Sam Raimi(the director) likes to be as true to the comics as possible, it's not supposed to be realisitc. Goddamnit, no one gets that. And the ending didn't suck ass, it also followed the comics and left room for a sequel.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:21 AM
undomiel
evenstar

quote:
Originally posted by KidRock
ROTK wont make as much money. No way. most people are only gonna see ROTK because "orlando bloom" is in it. that pansy with a bow. cut that blonde hair and be a man.

Orlando Bloom is not the only reason people watch Lord of the Rings!
Lord of the Rings is my favorite movie and I like it for other reasons other than Orlando Bloom although Im a BIG fan of Orlando Bloom
He was really good in the movie and he is NOT a pansy!

and I think that ROTK will beat Spider man

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:33 AM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by 113
WTF??? HAS EVERYONE FOROGETTEN THAT SPIDERMAN HAS BROKEN BOX OFFICE RECORDS HERE AND THERE. I mean the first movie made over a billion freakin dollars internationally. And like over 400 million domestically. THat's unbeatable. SPIDERMAN IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE KING OF THEM ALL. Return of the King will make it's money but won't be as big as Spidey or Spidey 2

No it didn't make more than a billion internationally. Only film to do that is Titanic. Internationally, Spiderman made 806 million, which placed it third that year below LOTR and Harry Potter.

Return of the King will almost CERTAINLY beat Spiderman- only in the US will Spiderman have done better.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 25th, 2003 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote