KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Trailers Too much given out/That wasn't even in the movie?

Movie Trailers Too much given out/That wasn't even in the movie?
Started by: Jedi Normbodia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Normbodia

Angry Movie Trailers Too much given out/That wasn't even in the movie?

Now is it just me, or has the movie industry up and ruined our enjoyment of movies by giving out way too much info, plus what about all those scenes we look forward too, and don't even see. Can you name a couple like that. Wanna know the trailers that gave away pivital plots and trailers that had things in it that weren't even in the movie. I will give you one ALONG CAME A SPIDER Hello, preview not at all like movie.

- Obi-Wan

Elan Sleazebaggano
Wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi Wan
You don't wanna sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I don't wanna sell you death sticks!
Obi Wan
You wanna go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I wanna go home and rethink my life!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 01:42 AM
Jedi Normbodia is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Normbodia a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Normbodia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Swordfish. The only time they used the password Swordfish was actually at the end of the movie. In the trailer they made a big deal about it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 01:46 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

this used to upset me. I then realized that these over revealing movie trailers are a godsend. The reason being is because they save you from wasting money and going to see a Bullshit movie that has only enough entertainment to fill a 30 second compilation of a movie trailer. You ever go see a movie and you realize the whole movie was given away in the trailers? Im sure you have if youve been going to see movies lately Thus is because there is no substance in many movies anymore, and the entire plot along with most of the entertaining scenes can be given away in 30 seconds or less

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 02:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

the trailers that are worse are the ones that don't tell shit about anything involving the movie. It was liek a trend to do that couple years ago-make it seem all like artsy and mysterious..it all started with "eyes wide shut" trailers, no one knew wtf that movie was about(and i still don't know!)

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:08 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Some of em are MUCH too revealing. Id rather know very little about a movie when i eventually watch it. Take Matrix Revolutions compared to Matrix One. Revo as pretty much exposed what its all about in the trailer, whearas M1 had that cool as "What is the Matrix" teaser. Trailers are supposed to get us hooked in, not to tell us the story.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:13 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Normbodia

what about the film FULL FRONTAL it did that, gave us nothing to work with, plus the movie's title. VERY MISLEADING.

- Obi-Wan

Elan Sleazebaggano
Wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi Wan
You don't wanna sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I don't wanna sell you death sticks!
Obi Wan
You wanna go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I wanna go home and rethink my life!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:42 AM
Jedi Normbodia is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Normbodia a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Normbodia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

such a shame roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 04:43 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

Everyone is saying that The Italian Job re-make tralier revealed it all.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 05:00 PM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

i hate when they advertise a comedy and put all the good jokes in the trailer so when you see the movie there aren't any more good jokes than the ones you've seen a zillion times in the trailers

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 12:43 PM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

and another thing: why do they have to advertise movies practically a year in advance with a cool looking trailer, but then you have to wait forever for it to come out?mad

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 12:44 PM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

2 keep u interested

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 01:21 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AnakinFan
come to the Darth side

I confess I'm all about trailers. I yahoo trailers all the time. I saw Along Came Polly with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Anniston and it has to be the funnies trailer I have ever seen.
I don't think the trailer for Return of The King looks all that good but I will be there.
Trailer for Cold Mountain looks good.
Masters and Commander is awesome.
I think the trailer for the Last Samuri is going to be the best part of the movie.. the first trailer was bad and there wasn't any interest in the movie then wadda ya know, new trailer!

All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time that is given to you. - Gandalf

There can be no Triumph - without Loss
No Victory- without Suffering
No Freedom - without Sacrifice

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 11:29 PM
AnakinFan is currently offline Click here to Send AnakinFan a Private Message Find more posts by AnakinFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote