KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What's Your Favorite War Movie? Vote!

What's Your Favorite War Movie? Vote!
Started by: DinosaurBob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DinosaurBob

What's Your Favorite War Movie? Vote!

My personal fav is Braveheart.
It has some moments that are
VERY hard to watch.
Saving Private Ryan was a pure
masterpiece. I can't believe it
didn't get the Oscar for Best
Picture. eek!
Pearl Harbor had great special effects,
but the first hour was very boring.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 11:06 PM
DinosaurBob is currently offline Click here to Send DinosaurBob a Private Message Find more posts by DinosaurBob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Apocalypse Now

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 12:19 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Tricky. My favourites are The Longest Day, A Bridge too Far, Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line.

Oh, Aces High, of course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 02:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonglee

Difficult one. I suppose for me it would be a tie between Schindler's list and Apocalypse Now. Honorary mentions to The Killing Fields, The Longest Day and the superb Enemy At The Gates (The opening sequence to that makes Saving Private Ryan brilliant opening 15 minutes look tame in comparison). Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles Dare,.....there are just too many great war films!! eek!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 03:26 AM
leonglee is currently offline Click here to Send leonglee a Private Message Find more posts by leonglee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you count Schindler's List then that goes straight to the top of my list.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 03:59 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Isn't Star Wars a war movie? smile

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 06:12 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gunhead

The best WW2 movie, hands down is Thin Red Line. Malick is a genious. Tigerland was ok, not quite as good as i would have liked so the best 'nam movie has to be either Platoon or Full Metal. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 09:31 AM
gunhead is currently offline Click here to Send gunhead a Private Message Find more posts by gunhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

All is quiet on the western front.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 11:51 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CountFaust

Between Saving Private Ryan & Platoon. Though I prefer SPR is better!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 09:19 PM
CountFaust is currently offline Click here to Send CountFaust a Private Message Find more posts by CountFaust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gunhead

I liked Saving Private Ryan until Thin Red Line showed me how much SPR was disney like.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 10:25 PM
gunhead is currently offline Click here to Send gunhead a Private Message Find more posts by gunhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChelsiJediKnight

I think "The Patriot" was the best war movie. Even though the thought of the men that died during those actual battles knew they were gonna die. That haunts me for life. It was like they were just a human sheild, and a layer was being brought down one at a time. But at least it ended well. I found it to be touching and filled with everything. Romance, Comedy, Adventure, and even a little of suspense. I believe this to be the greatest war movie of all. For it resembles not only the bravery of our country but our freedom as well.

Soldiers who died in the wars for our home.
I Salute You. God Bless All!

But what brings balance to the Chosen One?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 04:17 AM
ChelsiJediKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ChelsiJediKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ChelsiJediKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

I enjoyed Good Morning Vietnam, I realise that doesn't focus much on the war, but then thats one of the things I like about it. If not then Platoon, as I loved the soundtrack to that. I'm not really a realistic interpretation of war person

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 01:04 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

Battle of the Bulge, It was Entertaining

Old Post Jul 25th, 2001 05:01 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LANGEB_ESSEJ

My favs are the Tuskeegee Airmen and Platoon

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 02:00 PM
LANGEB_ESSEJ is currently offline Find more posts by LANGEB_ESSEJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Schindlers List, without ANY doubt.

I didn't like Saving Private Ryan, it was too americanised, with the american flag in the background in the end, and the way the americans had such noble deaths, while the germans died like animals. it just made me sick.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 03:31 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think it would have to be Apocalyse Now..

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 08:09 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I would have to say SPR and Schindler's List the end of that movie was very sad.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2001 05:16 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The Great Escape!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 07:39 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The Thin Red Line is the most boring, dull, overblown prententious pile of crap I've ever seen disguising itself as a War movie.Terence Malick should have stuck to gardening or whatever he was doing all those years he was away because he shouldn't be allowed near a film set.

It's the only film I've ever been to, where I saw people leave before the end. Watching people leave was more interesting than the film. At least they didn't do it in slow motion with exotic birds flying in the background.

SPR and Braveheart are good but they re-wrote history.

I'd choose The Great Escape and Zulu as the two best war films I've ever seen.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 05:03 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I've never seen those two films King Jedi. Can you tell me about them?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 07:39 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote