KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » screa

screa
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

screa

In the movie scream3 there is a guy that said that there is a difference between the tird movie and the final installment of a trilogy. For the last one he gave as an example ROTJ.
He said that the final ... always goes back and explain something that was wrong or that everybody thought was one way but was another.

What is he talking about?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 09:21 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I don't remember him talking about ROTJ. Maybe I need to go rent it again. Maybe this scene happened when I had to use the bathroom at the theater.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:34 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In Scream 2 they disallowed ESB as an example of a sequal that was better than the original because it was part of a trilogy, but then they allow Godfather II... idiots... and saying GII is better than the original is a contentious point in of itself...

Anyway. What they meant is that the end of a trilogy always has some form of closure (instead of just continuing the story) and this requires some sort of twist(s)

In ROTJ's case we have Leia as Luke's sister and Vader's redemption, rather than death, as good examples. Or the reason that Luke was on Tatooine on the first place.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, got it

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 02:02 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

That explains it a lot better.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:37 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

In Scream3, in the directors room, there is a picture of Ahmed Best on the wall.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 03:00 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Cool

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:48 AM
KJ
Sausages

There are other pics on the wall but I think he is the only SW one.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 04:27 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

To tell you the truth, I've seen any of the Scream movies. I saw most of the first, but that's it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:03 PM
jedi212guy is currently offline Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

1 and 2 are good but 3 is terrible.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:42 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I understand what that movie buff was trying to say in Scream 3. But the dumbass made a point in how bad that movie (S3) was. Because there was no twist at the end of 3. The main character didn't die. And it ended the same as 1 and 2.

My God. "Scream" was pretty good. Not a classic, but good. What the hell did they make the other two for? Money, that's what.

And how about the murderer in all of them? Why does he have to be so damn clumsy? That's why Scary Movie was so good, because it made you realize how rediculous the Scream film were.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:50 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Main character dieing isn't neccassary

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:11 PM
Ratcat

Too much Movie, not enough Star wars.

Moving...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 10:02 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

This subject can be discussed no further. To even put the Scream Trilogy in the same sentance as the Star Wars trilogy is an insult. Mods, close this up smile

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 05:07 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

thank you, I'll remind that!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:05 PM