KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Reviews » Revolutions Review

Revolutions Review
Started by: Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

Revolutions Review

since this is a review I think it fits in here, altho obviously it is about the matrix.

I went to see it when it first came out in belgium which is now 2 hours and 53 minuts ago (if this damn pc is correct)

The movie Kicked Ass: tho it didn't show too many in matrix scenes, as was said in earlier reports it featured what it needed to feature.
The battle for zion in the real world was a very very very good part.
It also didn't envolve too much combat and the combat that was shown was doen decent. There was a lot of time for story in this movie which I really appreciated.
There was nothing in this movie that was too much, like in Reloaded neo vs 100's of smiths.
It started of way different from what I expected but it was a very good start and a very good end.
Nothing to unrealistic or anything like that, it was a very very very good ending imo

this movie gets a 8.5/10 (somethings could have been a bit better but not too much)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 04:58 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Like the previous two films it diddnt achieve anything new as in the way of groundbreaking action. It did however incoorperate it's prior achievments into an entertaining film.

The original matrix was an original style action sci/movie. Reloaded elaborated on the action, and style of the original and created a new style different from the first. Revolutions deffaintly brings a new style to the films, it's more dark and to the point. The action relied more on suspense than mind blowing special effects and originality. It was very entertaining though. It broke away from the matrix for a while to focus on the real world battle of zion. So this in itself was a risk on the directors part. It still had plenty of it's trademark matrix action. From the very beginning i was intrigued and grasped in the movie, but twords the end my attention begun to wither. I thought the movie as a whole was deffaintly a great wrap up to the films. Even though the end diddnt wrap up the story very well, and left alot un answered.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I thought it was brilliant. While some of the dialogue was way over my head, it was thouroughly entertaining, mind-blowing, thought provoking, compelling, and many more adjectives.

One of the things I like was that Neo shows some emotion here! Agent Smith was the greatest in the movie by way of acting and a great monologue near the end.

While it wasn't as good as the original Matrix, it was great, with flawless special effects and a great ending to the story.

9/10

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 04:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
69erSteiner

I dont see why everyone is getting all worked up about the ending. Maybe it was not the ending they ( or even myself ) wanted, but it still fit. As to the other critics who say this film did nothing ground breaking like the first two did, that's bs. First of all, the W brothers broken enough ground in the first two movies to supply a lifetime and second of all, I felt the Super Brawl and the Zion fight scenes were like nothing else. It was not a happily ever after movie which would have made way less believable, but it all fit nicely and I hope they stay true to their word and do not make another matrix film. One last point...this movie was way different from the other two. Hell, I thought Reloaded was way different than M1. They all have their themes and stay true to them throughout the movie. Great storyline and enough allusions to be discussed for years to come... 9/10 for Revolutions.....10/10 for the trilogy

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:59 PM
69erSteiner is currently offline Click here to Send 69erSteiner a Private Message Find more posts by 69erSteiner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

The film was extremely good. I thjought that the plot was rather "daring" to say the least but it i still loved it

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:22 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The film was a great ride of brilliant entertainment. It still did nothing groundbreaking.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:37 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Apparently I disagree with you all.
I left the theater and said WOW! But then I started thinking about it and thats where the movie fails.
The Zion scene is indeed awesome. The plot however is very predictable. They used the easy way out (thou it makes perfect sense).
There are scenes that are very childish [SPOILER - highlight to read]: They expect me to believe nobody noticed Banes was missing? Specially since they suspect him!Also wasnt it a bit to easy for Morph,Trin and Seraph to get in Club Hell? Arent Mero's guards suppose to be better then that? The actor that plays Banes is quite good imitating Hugo's speach and facial expressions.
I was disappointed Mero and Persephone werent more important.They have,however, the best scene in the movie thou.
In this movie it was clear to me that keanu and Carrie-Ann have no chemic. Which makes 1 particular scene pathetic.
Also Seraphs question [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The angel with no wings?! What the **** is that?
To end, the battle between Smith and Neo looks terrible.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The part where they are flying and that nuclear explosion look with the water!I thought I was watching Dragon ball Z! The slow-motion punch was the only good thing
Well thats my point of view. If somebody wants to reply please be careful with the spoilers!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 07:50 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

same here, the seraph thingy I was going like WTF, I mean I understand where they get it from, but was it ever addressed in reloaded?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:12 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Not that I recall. He just has a weird code.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:59 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

I saw it today. Yes it's a rather good movie, but to me there's nothing particularly fantastic.
Almost every scene of the movie is predictable (you know perfectly how it is going to end. I thought, I think, and I'll maintain that this movie is farr too subservient to special FX...well some of the images are great, but I think that's too much with the CGI...
A particularly positive things is that they have put aside the poor and second-rate philosophy of the second episode...(I was annoyed by all those people who try to debate about philosophical stuff just because they think what's nonsense in the movie is a deep reflection mad )

The story is not extraordinarily great. I agree with Kes on the Keanu/Carrie-Ann couple...

What the point of having new superpowers that makes you unvulnerable all the time [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Poor neo, he becomes blind, then, what a miracle he can see Banes/Smith, and the machines, ....

To sum up, it is neither fantastic nor pathetic. Some nice images though, but far to much CGI...

6.75/10

Last edited by G.P on Nov 6th, 2003 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:22 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hmm, yea a lot of CGI, maybe a bit too much
but atleast it didn't look like a screen cut from a freakin video game
like Episode II

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:52 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'll go see it today and inform you all how much it sucks wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe okie thx BF

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:36 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Why should we have to use spoiler tags? This a review thread, for ppl who have seen the movie. if you haven't, what are you doing here? (for the hapless fools who are still reading this, don't read anymore of this post big grin)

I loved the way that Bane copyed Agent Smith's speech pattern perfectly, and looked a lot like Cypher, so there was a sort of connection between them all.

While there was a little too much CGI, you have to admit that all of the CGI used was flawless.

Don't understand the Seraph thing, but it will be explained in the inevitable Matrix 4. As will a lot of the stuff about the connection between the Oracle and Agent Smith, the fact that Neo is the One in both worlds, and a hell of a lot of other things.

As for the Neo/Agent Smith fight, I thought that the constant rain was the best element in the whole sequence (second only to Agent Smith). The slow motion punch was awesome, as were the shockwave, the in-air fighting, the green lightning, and EVERYTHING else, bascially.

My rating of 9/10 still stands

Last edited by Strangelove on Nov 7th, 2003 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:59 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
[COLOR=limegreen]Why should we have to use spoiler tags? This a review thread, for ppl who have seen the movie. if you haven't, what are you doing here? (for the hapless fools who are still reading this, don't read anymore of this post big grin)
Read the sticky from Raz. I think its called how to post reviews. If you know what a review is you'll know that it does not need spoilers.
quote:

I loved the way that Bane copyed Agent Smith's speech pattern perfectly, and looked a lot like Cypher, so there was a sort of connection between them all.
yes, good
work from that actor.
quote:

While there was a little too much CGI, you have to admit that all of the CGI used was flawless.

flawless??blink Did you see the movie?

quote:
... the fact that Neo is the One in both worlds, and a hell of a lot of other things.
What?! The 1 in the real world??
quote:

As for the Neo/Agent Smith fight, I thought that the constant rain was the best element in the whole sequence (second only to Agent Smith). The slow motion punch was awesome, as were the shockwave, the in-air fighting, the green lightning, and EVERYTHING else, bascially.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Has I said looked like a dragon ball Z ep. And Smith with the lightining in the background...what is he a male version of Storm?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:16 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Flawless??blink Did you see the movie?

Yeah, I saw it........big grin The CGI was pretty much perfect. While I knew it wasn't real, I couldn't tell, no matter how hard I tried. And I bet you couldn't either big grin
quote:
Originally posted by Kes
What?! The 1 in the real world??

Yup. The Oracle explains at some point that The One's power extends through both worlds, all the way back to 'The Source' (whatever 'The Source' is....another thing for M4 to explain big grin)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:47 AM
chandira

matrix depression

Let me begin by saying that I have never been so disappointed by a movie in my entire life. After the second in the trilogy, I was so eager to see the third. I believed that they would put an equal effort into creating a meaningful conclusion to the story. I was, however, horribly wrong. The world that they had carefully crafted, where hope and free will truly meant something - where Neo could create a choice outside the choices that were handed to him - degraded into some second rate biblical retelling. From the moment Neo sat at the train station in a "Waiting for Godot" like moment, I realized that this was not the world of the Matrix movies I had come to hold so dear in my heart. This was a world where pain and suffering were regarded as a religious demand. Where the sacrifice of our children is the only way to encourage survival. Where true love is impaled on a twisted metal crown of thorns. God help us all.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:49 AM
chandira is currently offline Click here to Send chandira a Private Message Find more posts by chandira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Smith with the lightining in the background...what is he a male version of Storm?

In a way, yeah.....he had almost complete control over the Matrix at that point

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:51 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

...........what?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:55 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
Yeah, I saw it........big grin The CGI was pretty much perfect. While I knew it wasn't real, I couldn't tell, no matter how hard I tried. And I bet you couldn't either big grin[/COLOR]

Are you sure you saw the movie?blink
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: When they are fighting in the air?! You can prefectly see its fake! It looks like a cartoon. The only good CGI is in the Zion scene.

quote:
Yup. The Oracle explains at some point that The One's power extends through both worlds, all the way back to 'The Source' (whatever 'The Source' is....another thing for M4 to explain big grin)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Thats because he is connected to the source. It has nothing to do with being the one in the real world.

Well I understand why you se it that way but IMO its has nothing to do with that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 09:09 AM