KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Raging Bull

Raging Bull
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Raging Bull

I just saw Raging Bull for the first time today. Wow! What a great film!

I wish Robert DeNiro would be picker about his roles nowadays. All of his old stuff is excelent! Now (though he still makes pretty good movies) he makes some real stinkers.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 11:44 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

. . . don't everybody reply at once. roll eyes (sarcastic)

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 02:19 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

. . . fine! You guys suck! big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 16th, 2001 02:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Raging Bull is one of those all-time classics. But you can't expect anyone to only EVER do classic films...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 16th, 2001 05:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Well, that's true. And I'm not even saying that what DeNiro does these days is bad. His last few movies "Meet the Parents" "The Score" were pretty good. But movies like "15 minutes" I think he should pass on.

Some of his movies are just classic, though! "Raging Bull" "The Godfather Part II" I havn't seen "Taxi Driver". "Goodfellas". I'm obviously missing a few.

When I saw "Raging Bull" the other day, I'm convinced that DeNiro is the greatest actor of his generation. Of course, the greatest actor of this generation, is Tom Hanks.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 17th, 2001 03:30 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I saw "Raging Bull" this morning. While DeNiro's perfomance I found a little less than what was hyped, it was a pretty good movie overall. I didn't like the lack of structure in parts, and Scorsese's begging for sympathy for Jake, when he wasn't at all as self desructive as we were thought to believe. He was just over-zealous and a little paranoid. Nothing more.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 10:42 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I got it on DVD and still havnt seen it yet.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:22 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

It's a great movie, but I agree DeNiro's performance isn't as flawless as many people think. Anyone who's seen Taxi Driver will know how amazing he can really be.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 01:47 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote