KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » cAST aWAY

cAST aWAY
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

cAST aWAY

iN MY OPINON (AND i KNOW YOU ALL HONOR IT) THIS IS tOM hANKS'S BEST PERFORMANCE

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 17th, 2001 05:46 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I like the part where he get's mad at Wilson and he throws him out of the cave, and then he goes all crazy trying to find him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2001 07:58 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Right after he throws him out of the cave, hanks goes "that shut up!" :d

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 18th, 2001 02:41 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

I agree, I really love that movie. It's So REFRESHING.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2001 08:47 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Hanks got hosed at the Oscars.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 20th, 2001 05:13 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

the film wasn't very good, i think, but hanks saved it so it ended up okay.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2001 05:41 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

There are a lot of people who love this film and a lot of people who don't like it.

I think it's an important, and bold film. I think it should be seen, because it is one of the greatest acting performances of any film ever made.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 20th, 2001 05:50 PM
FLIPMODE

Not only that, ( and I agree with you), BUT, I LOVED THIS FILM!!!

Talk about a breath of Fresh air. No OTHER characters, not a typical film. Sure it's just a guy on an Island. But sometimes, dont you think that almos EVERY movie is re-dundant in a major way?

People are looking for more creative films, better writting, this movie basically SCRAPPED alot of expected things you might see in ALL movies.

The beggining and End established relations with the other actors in the movie.

The a MAJORITY of this movie, was just the audience and Tom Hanks!! Not once whil Tom Hanks was on that Island, did WE the audience get to go back to civilization to see what all his relatives were doing, not once did we get to see ANYTHING ELSE besides what is going on with the main character. AMAZING!! This movie, for the first time, (I give partial credit to M:I, and 2001) used time, EFFECTIVLY. You knew this man was TRAPPED. Not implied at all. just the fact alone that they took the time to create this feeling in the viewer, justifies, great creativity, and praise of being a great movie to me.

Ofcourse movies with multiple complex characters, juggled over an outrageous setting, is good, but lets face it, there are TOO many movies following this BASIC, EXPECTED structure to films.

Im ready to see films of a different sort. Sometimes when I watch movies these day's that follow the basic structure, no matter how complex, and that do not do something so drastic as Cast Away, It's Like I can almost Predict what's going to happen.
Movie's are too often presented as math problems, and before it's start's you've got the answer.

Anyone see the Bone collector? I knew who the killer was at the beggining of the movie.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 07:08 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 07:35 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
Hanks got hosed at the Oscars.

I agree that it was a very good film, but Russell Crowe gave a great performance in Gladiator too. IMHO the Oscar could have gone either way.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 06:45 PM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Nope. Hanks hands down gave a better performance.

JO go back and watch both again. You'll see. Then you'll appologize. . . then. . . you'll . . .polish my shoes? confused big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2001 05:58 AM
LanceWindu

Personally I though Gladiator sucked ass.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2001 08:06 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Gladiator does suck!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2001 08:12 PM
Aquarius87
How many miles to babylon

WILSON IS THA MAN
he's my faveroute character.
hehe.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 09:08 AM
Aquarius87 is currently offline Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquarius87
How many miles to babylon

WILSON IS THE BALL (Substitue for man)
Its so great how they put shit like that in movies,also its amazing how a chuck (Tom hanks) creates his own friend,and communicates with him as though he were human,for 4 yrs!.How cute was it though!
hehe. laughing out loud

Attachment: e-card_page2.jpg
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 09:48 AM
Aquarius87 is currently offline Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Wilson rules

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 07:11 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Once again Gundy is a year behind. Just saw "Castaway" on video and loved it. Tom (my other half) feel asleep, said it was stupid. Well he's an idiot about movies anyway.

I thought it was totally cool. And I'm glad they didn't have him and Helen Hunt get back together at the end. It would have been stupid and unbelievable.

He made pretty good use of the ice skates. And poor Wilson, floating off at the end there.....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 05:34 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That was sad, wasn't it sad

One thing I also really liked about the movie was that it never did any flashbacks, or showed what was happening back home. It gave the film a better sense of isolation.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 07:37 PM
LanceWindu

You guys do know this movie is based on true events right?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 08:27 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Actually, no I didn't know that.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 08:49 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote