KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jeepers Creepers

Jeepers Creepers
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Jeepers Creepers

Pap pap pap pap pap pap and indeed pap. Here's why: -

1) A scooby doo type villian
2) No real plot
3) No scary bits
4) Sudden ending that (for the love of god) leaves it open for a 2nd film

DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. sad

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 01:30 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

sad

Oh, and I was hoping that 'Jeepers Creepers' would represent the revival of the American horror film, going back to the roots so to speak. But typically, I was let down. Ever since 'Scream' and even before, the American horror film has been in an ever-steeper plunging decline. It started before 'Scream' but 'Scream' was one of the first of the ultra-lame flicks which lampoon their own genre. I hated it and all it's shlock franchise replicants! Give me Hitchcock! Give me Romero! Give me Raimi! And Lucio Fulci too (although I'm not as big a fan of his work as I am of Raimi's).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 02:00 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I quite enjoyed "Scream", the ending was a bit naff and the sequals weren't up to much, but generally I thought the first was quite cool.cool

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 01:58 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

did they do the dog with cgi?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 02:34 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

Oh, it's okay if you like that stuff. I'm just saying that it doesn't represent the ambience of true timeless horror. I'll still check out 'Jeepers Creepers' just to see it for myself. It's just that - from the previews - I gathered that it was a "campfire" style story with a decent monster antagonist.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 06:30 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

They don't make good horror films anymore. Nowadays, filmakers think the movie gets better with more blood and big boobs. And most of the public is stupid enough to go see that crap.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 02:24 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

If you see it HH just be prepared for the sudden ending, I thought there was at least another half hour left! sad

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 02:51 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Better yet, HH, just don't see it!big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 02:04 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

I like Scooby-Doo. big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 12:57 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Scooby-Doo rules! My buddies and I always watch that Saturday mornings on the Cartoon Network when we're hungover. I love it!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 06:27 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Whooah, don't get me wrong. I'm not Scooby-bashing, I love that cartoon (until Scrappy came along and ruined it that is), my point is that the villian's are just not scary are they?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 01:29 PM
yerssot

what's wrong with Scrappy?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 02:41 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

I knew you weren't bashing Scooby-Doo. I was just saying...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 02:58 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Scrappy showed signs of being terribly jelous of Scooby and that's why he had to be all loud and the centre of attention all the time. (I may be over analysing here) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2001 10:39 AM