KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Most Absurd Scene in a Movie!

The Most Absurd Scene in a Movie!
Started by: TOH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Barf The Most Absurd Scene in a Movie!

The whole Mission Impossible ending sequence with the train and helicopter was too much! Over the top! I thought the idea of a helicopter chasing the train into the tunnel was very unlikely and unbelievable. I almost laughed hysterically at the absurdity while watching it.
laughing laughing laughing

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 09:18 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

The most absurd moment in my personal opinion is not taken from a single movie, but has been shown in a cluster of movies, its when a particular character is running away from gun fire, running all over the place and despite the sheer amount of bullets firing the character in question does not get a scratch on them.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 09:31 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Anyone seen "The Bourne Identity"? Remember when he shoots the guy while falling down 5 stories riding the back of some henchman?! Er, crap!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 10:03 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

the matrix reloaded ending is not so much as absurd as it is GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!!!!! it just happens so suddenly.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 03:42 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I just happened to see Bourned ID recently and i have to agree with u, pretty absurd!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 08:10 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-1000

The "Trinity talks almost 5 mins before she dies" death scene.

Last edited by T-1000 on Dec 14th, 2003 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:06 PM
T-1000 is currently offline Click here to Send T-1000 a Private Message Find more posts by T-1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
Anyone seen "The Bourne Identity"? Remember when he shoots the guy while falling down 5 stories riding the back of some henchman?! Er, crap!

the whole film was roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:39 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Here is one for you all...in the movie Twister when Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt are running away from a Cat. 5 Tornado...not only do they manage to outrun it...but upon strapping themselves to pipes with leather straps...they are not struck by one single piece of debris as they pass through the tornado ! They emerge without a single scratch !

- Very unlikely

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 05:45 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I liked Desperado but that scene in the Cantina was very absurd. Nearly 12 hitman with semi-automatic machine guns shooting and not one single bullet hit Antonio? I don't think so!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 05:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Palaka
Guy in a Spider-Man suit

Nothing tops Batman thawing out all of Gotham city with a laser pointer and some mirrors in "Batman & Robin".

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 02:39 AM
Palaka is currently offline Click here to Send Palaka a Private Message Find more posts by Palaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

The most absurd scene i have ever seen would be the one in basic intinct where he was accused of killing the officer in the car.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 12:35 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

the whole premise of herbie goes bananananas just pissed me off so much! a volkswagone beatle that can travel through time to save the human race from evil cyborgs all while trying to win prom queen and get the popular boy. and that whole part where it just leaves work and doesn't come back but ends up getting a promotion despite f'ing up his TPS reports. cuban B my ass.
that whole movie stunk.

the end
octapushunter

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:05 PM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Phelps being the bad guy in Mission Impossile was even more absurd than the helicopter if you ask me.

I mean, HELLO! That is JIM PHELPS! I mean, HOW long did he do the series for? That's like revealing Kirk is a Klingon in one of the Star Trek films. As in... no...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But I bet you never saw it coming...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:51 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: The Most Absurd Scene in a Movie!

quote:
Originally posted by The One Himself
The whole Mission Impossible ending sequence with the train and helicopter was too much! Over the top! I thought the idea of a helicopter chasing the train into the tunnel was very unlikely and unbelievable. I almost laughed hysterically at the absurdity while watching it.
laughing laughing laughing
Dude the entire movie is absurd! So is the 2nd...that 1 is even worst.
Every Hell scene in Spawn messed
I'll think of more.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:14 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Phelps being the bad guy in Mission Impossile was even more absurd than the helicopter if you ask me.

I mean, HELLO! That is JIM PHELPS! I mean, HOW long did he do the series for? That's like revealing Kirk is a Klingon in one of the Star Trek films. As in... no...
I must admit I couldn't agree more. As a fan of the tv series, I was just disgusted by that.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:24 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Indeed!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 12:06 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

"Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected"

people must watch this, it is the greatest excercise in Theatre of the Absurd, plus it revolutionizes the face of comedy.

Download it now {i am not sure if I can mention it} from the program that starts with a "Ka" and its ryhmes with "Huzzah". The file is small and priceless.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 05:18 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

you're all talking about gun scenes, but does anyone agree with me that the whole 'like a virgin' scene between the duke and zidler in moulin rouge was extremely pointless and bizarre?

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 09:54 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Re: Re: The Most Absurd Scene in a Movie!

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Dude the entire movie is absurd! So is the 2nd...that 1 is even worst.
Every Hell scene in Spawn messed
I'll think of more.

Oh... Yes you're right...I forgot about the 2nd one...It's crappy too... sad

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 10:01 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote