KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars bloopers

Star Wars bloopers
Started by: Bo-Eee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bo-Eee

Star Wars bloopers

I'm sure many of you will know a few if not all of the things listed below but i thought i'd share a few that can be found in my message board at the moment.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

When Luke and R2 are doing the trench run, a tie shots at Luke and blows the top of R2's head off. But in the next scene R2's top is on again.

Who puts the landing gear down on the Millenium Falcom as it gets drawn into the Deathstar by Tractor Beam??

Here's a good one: In Episode 4, Princess Leia had a British accent for a scene or two, then later, no bloomin' accent at all, lads! There's also other inspirations from Dune. First, there's the spice mines of Kessel mentioned in A New Hope. The potato shaped planet of Kessel is the only known planet with a spice that grants psychic powers to someone who eats it. Sound familiar? Jabba just screams Vladmir Harkonnen, except he can't fly. Is that all? One more thing that's been bugging me? What stops the lightsabers from getting any longer when you switch'em on? If you say the Force, I'll frag you. Snoogins.

At the very end of Jedi, during the Ewok celebration, all of our heroes are clapping and dancing. In the original version, watch Lando; he is obviously WAY of beat, and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Also, wherever R2-D2 is in space with Luke's X-Wing, he is black instead of blue (in the special editions, they fixed that), due to the blue screen used for the background space shots.

When Luke is fighting Darth Vader and Luke gets sucked through the shattered window, just before the window breaks, Luke's lightsaber is on, and immediately after it is off without him having turned it off.

Throughout the films only C3PO can understand R2D2 and has to translate for the other characters on many occasions. During the flight from Hoth to Dagoba Luke read a little screen with the translations of what R2D2 is saying. Then when they reach the planet and are both stood on the edge of the swamp Luke can miraculously understand what he is saying.…

If somebody was trying to hide Luke and Leia from Anakin/Vader, they could have done a better job with Luke. Leia was given a new home, name and identity, but Luke was returned to Anakin's homeworld, left with the name of Skywalker and raised by people who were supposedly relatives of Anakin.

Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew can be seen in some of the Mos Espa street scenes.

As Darth Maul lands on Tatooine, in the night sky is the Earth's view of constellation Orion

In the Podrace crowd, there is a guy dressed as Indiana Jones.
At the end, the droid that Jar-Jar pushes over has 4 symbols on its back which look almost exactly like 1138.

When Anakin attaches 3PO's right eye, one shot has the eye in his left hand, then a second later, the eye is being applied with the right hand.

Obi-Wan's braided hair keeps changing sides, and getting longer and shorter, most noticeably in the scenes around the underwater city.

A bit of trivia about Ewan McGregor - his uncle, Denis Lawson, played Wedge in the original films.

Want to see any more you'll just have to visit my boards heh heh

http://www.xsorbit.com/users/Cee/index.cgi

Hope you don't mind me putting in the link, i'm not poaching, as i lurve this board too.

I visit that many boards that i thought one day, i may as well have one of my own and invite members from my boards to that as well.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 11:30 AM
Click here to Send Bo-Eee a Private Message Find more posts by Bo-Eee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm. Some of those are exceedinly picky.

And what the heck is that lightsabre comment? Why SHOULD they stop? You think they are actually made of light? I'd take a closer look at all that if I were you.

Anyway, I am moving this to the Ep. I and IV-VI area, where it better belongs.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Dude, you have WAY too much time on your hands. laughing out loud

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 05:31 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don't believe the proper term for these is "bloopers"...I don't know what they should be called, but i usually think of bloopers as out takes from movies.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2001 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

eastern eggs I think

Old Post Dec 1st, 2001 06:00 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Easter Eggs are closer, but I think those are ment to be there on purpose....the aforementioned "whatevers" sound more like mistakes.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

strange stuff?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 01:46 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

You got that right.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 08:52 PM
yerssot

woooohoooooooo big grin

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 09:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's called 'nitpicking'. That's not an insult. that's actually what they call it.

Problem is, there is a fine line between insightful and good humoured nit-picking, and just madly trying to point out as many mistakes as possible withpout actually checking if they are mistakes or not.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Ah ...hard to see the dark side is ....

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

The best SW blooper ever is the one in ANH where the Stormtrooper hits his head against the door as they enter the room where the droids are on the DS. It's the scene where R2 and 3PO are hiding in the closet. When the stormtroopers finally open the door the guy on the far right (you need a wide screen to see it) hits his head against the not entirely open door. HILARIOUS!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 09:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But did they deliberately add the sound in for it or not...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 09:56 PM
yerssot

no, don't think so...
and you don't need a bigscreen for it, quiiq (at least not here in Belgium big grin )

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 11:16 AM
Julie
The Student

i haven't had the pleasure of seeing that one.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 10:26 PM
queeq
Chaos

Not big screen, the WIDE screen edition.

I don't think there was added sound. I heard that Gary Kurtz on a fan convention once replied to the quetsion why they didn't take that out or do it over again. He said "but then you guys wouldn't have had anything to talk about for all these years." laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 09:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

True what would us poor fans do without stormtroopers who smash their heads on doors that aren't fully opened?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 09:16 PM
yerssot

thinking there is no reason why they can't aime!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 10:20 PM
Bo-Eee

Forgive my late reply only i've been really ill of late. no i don't have a lot of time on my hands, and none of the work i posted i can account for as my own, i just copied and pasted from a movie site i came across.

I thought it would inspire interest for some of you to come and see what else there is to read about your fav films.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Bo-Eee a Private Message Find more posts by Bo-Eee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

their is also a scene where r2d2 is looking back then suddenly he is looking forward on landos ship

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote