KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » oscar predictions

oscar predictions
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

oscar predictions

whats everyones guesses on the nominees for this year?

I think it will probably be - shrek, AI, man who wasnt there, lord of the rings and if i had my way blow or monsters inc.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2001 07:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

oscars suck it doesnt matter idont did a munch of retarded judges telling me who is better thn who

Old Post Dec 14th, 2001 08:24 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

that wasnt my question.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2001 08:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

damn! iam never right

Old Post Dec 15th, 2001 07:30 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Backfire, I don't think any of those movies will get nominated. Maybe AI, but I really doubt it. It got mixed reviews.

Most of the time, they relase the good movies right around Oscar time.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 02:18 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

To:
don't you think LOTR will get SEVERAL nominations.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 04:36 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWTCommish

If "Shrek" is nominated, someone on the comittee is smoking crack, AND giving the other members a free puff. Great, great kid movie...not Best Picture material, though. "Monsters, Inc." was better. I think "A.I." might get a nomination...but it has no shot at winning, IMO...just too hated (I myself was quite annoyed with it). LOTR may indeed get a nomination...though I doubt it'll win. Aside from that, though, I imagine PJ will get a Best Director nod...though not the statue itself. I do think it's a cinch to beat out "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" for "Best Adapted Screenplay." It's a shame, too, because Potter would have won most other years, I imagine. It was very well done.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 09:48 PM
TWTCommish is currently offline Click here to Send TWTCommish a Private Message Find more posts by TWTCommish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Lord of the Rings will probably get nominations for special effects, or costumes; things like that. But it most likely won't get a Best Picture nomination.

The Oscars usually nominate more serious drama, and not so much fantasy. I'm not saying LOTR won't be dramatic, but it's different, you know?

"Life as a House" is the only movie I've seen with an "Oscar feel" to it. That movie was good, but it won't get nominated. Like I said, I think every movie that will be nominated hasn't been released yet.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 03:42 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

From what I've heard the new Ewan McGregor movie, Black Hawk Down is supposed to clean up at the Oscars this year. But I would really like to see Johnny Depp get a nomination for his work in Blow.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 03:59 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Depp does get the shaft at the Oscars' doesn't he? He's damn good!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 04:09 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Star Wars got a best picture nomination, so LOTR might, especially considering the mazingly positive critical reaction so far.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 06:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I've lost all faith in the Oscars since TPM hardly won a thing. Whether you like the film or not it should have won a lot more than it did. What did it win anyway? Was it just costume design?

I think Black Hawk Down will clean up.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 07:20 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWTCommish

BHD won't clean up...early reviews seem bad. I don't see it winning too much. What it does win it will probably win just because it's a war movie.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 07:30 PM
TWTCommish is currently offline Click here to Send TWTCommish a Private Message Find more posts by TWTCommish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's because the critics weren't that friendly for them!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 07:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I haven't seen a bad BHD review yet. And with everything that's going on, an American war film is going to be popular.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 04:15 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Gladiator won last year, so this year won't be a war picture. It will be something 'simpler'.

Lord of the Rings is a part of a trillogy, so I doubt it will get a nom. Star Wars did, but no-one knew it was part of a trillogy at the time.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 06:55 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

To:
you wanna bet about that LOTR nomination?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 07:19 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No mah, I don't.

One: I havn't seen the movie yet.

Two: The Oscars have a tendancy to do whatever the hell they want, wether the movie is good or bad. Gladiator won last year, for Christ sake sad .

I'm really hoping that Fellowship of the Ring is good, but Oscar calibur? That is a bold statement, my friend. Only time will tell.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 10:51 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

1: all reviews were good
+
2: it's a giant film
+
3: people are flocking to the the cinema to see it.

= oscar

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 01:56 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

People that I've talked to havn't like it, tough.

By your annalogy, Cast Away should have won best picture. It was the highest grossing picture of last year, it got very good reviews, and it wasn't nominated. It SHOULD have been, but wasn't.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:05 PM