KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Vanilla Sky

Vanilla Sky
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Vanilla Sky

WOW!!!!
WOW!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!

What a genius work of art!
Best movie since American Beauty and Requiem for a Dream!
What a headtrip! It's brilliant!!!!! I'm not going to give a review, cause this is one movie where you want to go in not knowing anything about it!

You guys are not going to believe this, but Björk was mentioned twice in the movie, and towards the end of the film, a clip of a Björk video is shown!!

This is an Oscar condendor for sure! Disturbing, had my stomach in a knot!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Has a kind of AI, Total Recall feel to it

Old Post Dec 16th, 2001 06:12 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i cant picture this movie being as good as requiem for a dream or american beauty.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2001 08:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

the fact that they use popular actors is a gimmick to get more money i hate that chick thats crazy i try not to say her name cause i hate her so much

Old Post Dec 16th, 2001 08:49 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

tex:
sure it's not just because björk is in it?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2001 06:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I herd it was just terrible.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 02:19 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

That's what all the critics are saying, but that's what they said about 2001 when it opened. Critics are full of shit roll eyes (sarcastic)

Go see it, make up your own mind.

If only too see Penelope Cruz's breasts wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 04:28 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

SOLD!! big grin

I do want to see it. I liked Cameron Crowes "Almost Famous", but I though "Jerry McGruire" was bad!!!!!

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Tom Cruise.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 04:44 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

who is in it?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 06:59 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWTCommish

quote:
Originally posted by finti
who is in it?

Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, and Penlope Cruz. It's a remake of "Open Your Eyes," a 1997 film, I believe. I haven't seen either, and certainly won't until "Vanilla Sky" comes out on video. I don't think critics are "full of sh*t," at least not in this case...maybe it's because I didn't like 2001 much, though (boring).

I don't like movies that mess with your head just for the sake of messing with your head. It ought to make some kind of sense.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2001 09:43 PM
TWTCommish is currently offline Click here to Send TWTCommish a Private Message Find more posts by TWTCommish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's true.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 03:45 AM
finti

hmmm Cameron Diaz big grin big grin evil face smile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 09:50 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

hmmm Björk big grin big grin evil face smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 06:21 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You're in trouble Tex. Everyone I've talked to says it's a bad movie. Not looking good.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:26 AM
Dim
Creativity

Actually I would put it this way..it was horribly depressing for most of the movie and I didn't want to sit though anymore..but when it all comes together you see that it's actually quite wonderful... laughing out loud I liked the creativity of it all..and it was so sad really.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 04:12 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I still think Tom Cruise is the most untalanted puke in the history of movies.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:21 AM
Dim
Creativity

Yeah I don't really care much for Cruise myself....but his arrogance worked in this role..anyone else would have been too likeable. I thought Penelope Cruz did great..as did Jason Lee...nice to see him outside a Kevin Smith movie.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:02 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I hate Cruise also, but he was perfect for this part.

Dim, since your the only person, besides myself who has seen the movie.....[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Do you think that the entire movie was a Lucid Dream? I think it was, before the movie starts we hear Penelope Cruz say in Spanish "Open your eyes". We shouldn't be able to hear her because techincally she hasn't been introduced in the film, so maybe the 'rip' occurs before the movie starts.

What were your thoughts about the ending?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 04:03 AM
Dim
Creativity

Actually I thought the ending made me finally feel good about what I was seeing..before that I was just getting pissed off... As for Penelope saying "Open your Eyes" I think that was a dream he was having along with Empty Times Square sequence..because if you remember he tells his doctor about it in prision about it...so that means he had the dream when he was in Lucid Dream.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 05:41 PM
Tex
Yumsz

That's a movie you have to watch atleast 2 times

I was shocked at all the negative reviews confused

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 12:18 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Tex, reiviews don't mean a damn thing. Riding in Cars with Boys is the best movie I've seen this year, and it only got fair reviews. But everyone I've talked to that has seen it loves it.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 02:38 AM