KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best Movie Moments

Best Movie Moments
Started by: Zed

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zed

Best Movie Moments

What are youre Best Movie Moments????,

The Top 10 Movie Moments, voted by 1,000 UK filmgoers were:

1. Bridget Jones's Diary: When Bridget's granny knickers are exposed on her date with sexy boss Daniel Cleaver.

2. The Matrix: When Neo stops the bullets and becomes The One towards the end of the film.

3. Braveheart: When William Wallace cries: "You'll never take our freedom" as he fights for his cause.

4. Pretty Woman: When Vivian returns to the shop where the assistants were rude to her, expensively dressed and loaded with shopping bags and says: "Big Mistake. Huge."

5. Gladiator: When Maximus kills Commodus in the last fight in the gladiatorial ring, exacting revenge on the man responsible for the death of his family.

6. The Italian Job: When Charlie says: "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" when they are practising explosions for the bank raid they were planning.

7. Breakfast at Tiffany's: When Holly is window shopping at Tiffany's in an evening dress and with a croissant in her hand after having been out all night on a date.

8. Pulp Fiction: The scene when Vincent Vega is dancing with the wife of Marsellus Wallace, played by Uma Thurman, in a club's dancing competition.

9. American Beauty: When Jane and Ricky are watching the film Ricky has made of a plastic bag being blown about in the wind.

10. Saving Private Ryan: The opening battle scene of the D-Day landings.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 02:21 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I liked Al Pacino's speech at the end of Scent of a Woman.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 04:53 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I really like in Jurassic Park when we see the big long necked one(I don't want to try and spell it) for the first time. First time I realized how good special effects could be. And of course Luke Skywalker learning about his heritage in Empire Strikes Back. And take your pick of any moments in the first two Godfathers.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 05:28 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

In Godfather II when they are trying to get into that house to get the rug. The one guy goes, "This is my buddies place! The son of a ***** locked the door!"

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 05:31 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

In the Patriot when a stray cannonball rolls and knocks the guys leg off.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 06:54 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

i like thepart in i spit on your grave ,when the main character is being ass raped and she shreks in pain when the guy enters her ,but the guy looks like hes just moving his head

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 07:54 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well... I think every movie has things like that ...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2001 05:18 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Too many moments from Star Wars to mention.

ZULU- At the end when the British think the battle is over and they are counting how many men have been killed. Then thousands of Zulus appear on the hill.

ROB ROY - When Rob Roy(Liam Neeson) escapes on the bridge.

USUAL SUSPECTS- The ending.

I'll think of more.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2001 03:56 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

The Omen part 1 when Gregory Peck finds the 666 on his sons head. Freakin' marvelous. cool

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 10:23 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Enter the Dragon - The fight at the end in all the mirrors.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 05:05 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, when they jump off the cliff.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 05:49 AM
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

What about The godfather quote, "I`ll make you an offer you can`t refuse" or something.....

I liked that

Attachment: godfather1.jpg
This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 02:46 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't really remember that.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 04:19 PM
Thomas H

Well, I have to say what movie does not have that qoute Tec-Ice??
It surley was not the godfather who started with that! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 07:35 PM
Thomas H is currently offline Click here to Send Thomas H a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

King Jedi, are you kidding? That's one of the best lines to come from the movie.

In the very begining, Marlon Brando says he's gonna make the film director an offer he couldn't refuse.

Michael says it twice too, when he's explaining how powerful his father is to Kaye, and later when he wants to buy out Moe Green's hotels.

So it's there three times. I suggest you check out that movie again. It doesn't get any better!

On second thought, you will see it again. Why? Because I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. wink

And yes, Thomas, it was in the Godfather first.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 07:45 AM
KJ
Sausages

I've seen all the Godfather movies but don't really remember much about them. It doesn't really interest me.

But I liked the way Marlon Brando died.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2002 04:13 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yes, that is a classic scene.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:29 AM
KJ
Sausages

And of course the horses head on the bed.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:24 PM
Bad Boy
Kevski

Can't be denied

It can't be denied that the best 3 movie moments are:-

1) The build to the attack on Pearl Harbor -Pearl Harbor

2) The president's speech- Armageddon

3) The cock during the Disney film- Fight Club

Like I said, it can't be denied!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2002 12:16 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote