KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pulp Fiction Theories [merged]

Pulp Fiction Theories [merged]
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Pulp Fiction Theories

I know we have probably heard them all but just in case there are some that I don't know I've started this thread.

One theory that I heard only recently was that the glowing inside the briefcase that Jules and Vincent take from Frank Whally was in fact the loot from the Reservoir Dogs heist. Although I prefer the religious theory behind it all.

The briefcase actually contains the soul of Marcellus Wallace, (which could explain the plaster on the back of his neck) the glowing is his soul, that's why we see a glowing light when they shoot Frank Whalley, that is his soul leaving his body.

The combination for the briefcase is 666, the same as Wallace's burglar alarm. This might mean that he is the devil but I heard that Mr Wolf is the devil, which would make Butch's cabbie the devil also.(Mr Wolf's license plate is the same as the number on Butch's cab drivers taxi license.

And don't forget the Red Apples. Anyone know any more theories?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 09:22 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Hmm food for thought!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 04:13 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

It really doesn't do any good to hypothosize about the subject. There is no right answer, and never will be. Tarantino himself doesn't even know what was in the briefcase..........he just wrote it to be something valuable. Money, gold, drugs,......whatever you want to be in the briefcase, whatever you think makes the story better.....that is what is in it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 04:16 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think QT does know, and he's keeping quiet for now.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

He's stated a million times over the past 10 years "Nothing specific was in the briefcase, I used a golden light to represent that whatever was inside was something valuable"..............

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 03:51 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Re: Pulp Fiction Theories

samhain>The briefcase actually contains the soul of Marcellus Wallace, (which could explain the plaster on the back of his neck) the glowing is his soul, that's why we see a glowing light when they shoot Frank Whalley, that is his soul leaving his body.

the plaster was there because ving rhames had a big spot or scar on his neck which would distract the viewers. it was decided a plaster would cover it up.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 01:47 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Also it is a theory that Wallace was born with the numbers 666 on the back of his head and that is why he wears the band-aid.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:27 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Also it is a theory that Wallace was born with the numbers 666 on the back of his head and that is why he wears the band-aid.

thats not true tho.
he has a plaster to cover up a scar/spot.
it has no deep meaning to the plot or character.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:55 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

if they just wanted to cover a scar then why focus in on it the first time we see wallace?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 04:35 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Mook -
I know he had a scar and that was the reason for it. Its just like the briefcase where it doesn't show inside. However, it is still used to create the idea that its hiding something for the movie. There is no real reason to hide the scar and if it was important, they would use make-up.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 11:53 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Doesn't it mention somewhere in the bible that the soul is removed from the back of the neck?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:33 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, thats one of the other theories. The soul was taken from his neck and put in the briefcase.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 05:21 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

But does it say that in the bible?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:30 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

no...........it does not. This is all ridiculous. The movie was written by Quentin Tarantino. Quentin Tarantino has said, "nothing specific was in the briefcase. It was something valuable....but nothing specific"..........why speculate that a soul is in the case, when the man who wrote the story has already said that is wrong? Furthermore.....why quote idiotic theories on the internet which claim something is written in the bible that is not in the bible?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 01:06 PM
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
no...........it does not. This is all ridiculous. The movie was written by Quentin Tarantino. Quentin Tarantino has said, "nothing specific was in the briefcase. It was something valuable....but nothing specific"..........why speculate that a soul is in the case, when the man who wrote the story has already said that is wrong? Furthermore.....why quote idiotic theories on the internet which claim something is written in the bible that is not in the bible?

i agree.

i think people are looking for things that arent there.

if it does say that thing about the soul lets see the verse numbers etc and the quote

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 01:36 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I was actually asking IF it was in the bible. Not saying that it was .
And the whole reason I started the thread was to see if there were any other theories knocking around.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 11:04 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

no offense meant samhain..............that theory has been kicking around the internet since atleast '96. It is just so ridiculous. The person who originally made up the theory used to say there was some place in the bible that said a person's soul is removed from the back of the neck. I just figured you had read and believed that nonsense somewhere on the web. Ofcourse it is false........nowhere in the bible does it speak of any place on the human body a "soul is removed" from....be it neck, head, big toe, or right arm.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 11:31 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

No offense taken. The reason I didn't include the bible/soul-removal thing in my first post was because I was dubious about it being true myself. However I do think that QT has at least a little idea about what may be in the case, I don't think he could write the script without having something in his mind.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 11:12 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

He did..........

It's a plot device. It's not important what was in the briefcase so he didn't write anything to be in it. All that was important is that they wanted it......which meant it was valuable. The only reason the briefcase is in the film is to carry the Jules/Vincent story from one scene to the next. It has no importance.

He probably did have something in his mind before he wrote the movie..........just never wrote it down. He probably figured it would take away from the actual plot of the film (the characters moving from one situation to the next) if he actually included what the valuable item in the briefcase was.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 09:17 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Okay, but why do we see a similar bright light to the one in the case when they shoot Frank Whalley? Do you think the two are connected in some way?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 08:55 PM