KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Christiane F

Christiane F
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Christiane F

anyone seen this german film about a 14 year old junkie prostitute?

Old Post May 10th, 2004 10:57 AM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

No. It sounds interesting. When is it released?

Old Post May 10th, 2004 01:34 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

it's very old

the book is called christiane f. und die kinder vom bahnhof - zoo
I think everybody here knows it

sane

Old Post May 11th, 2004 05:06 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I think everybody here knows it
here being Germany?

Maybe if you mentioned the title track to the film Cat People (Putting out Fire) by David Bowie, as song that was made for the film Cat People thus the head title. Most of the films music is David Bowie`s stuff

I read the book before I saw the film though, we had to choices of books we had to read in school one being Lolita the other being Christiana F Wir kinder vom bahnhof Zoo. (Not too hard of a choice) The title in Norwegian was "Christiana F å være ung er for jævlig" which translate more into " To be young is pure hell" Its easier to identify with that rather than the tubesystem in Berlin.

The book is excellent and the film is rather good too

Old Post May 11th, 2004 08:32 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Is that the same thing as ''We children from the station Zoo''? Its been translated like that, I read the book, I was wandering how great it would be to make a film on it. Awesome book though.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:36 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

thats the one and yes it is a film of it

Old Post May 12th, 2004 06:38 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

yeah its from the 1980's.

lots of bowie music and they go to his concert at one point.

the subtitles on my version said it was 'children of zoo station' or something like that - its where the prostitutes hang out.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:34 AM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

I have seen many films with german prostitutes in of all ages. Why is this one so special. And is this banana humping or dancing............................. Happy Dance

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:10 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
And is this banana humping or dancing..
depends how you wanna see it...........

quote:
I have seen many films with german prostitutes in of all ages. Why is this one so special.
this one is a true story

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:16 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

Yep. I saw it too when I was a teenager. And I still have the book.

This one and "Flash ou le grand voyage" from Charles Duchassois, were two big classics of the eighties about drugs and addiction. This last one might be a great film.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post May 15th, 2004 12:16 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote