KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » LOTR vs Troy vs Last Samurai vs King Arthur

LOTR vs Troy vs Last Samurai vs King Arthur
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

LOTR vs Troy vs Last Samurai vs King Arthur

Notice the similarity. Yes all of these either have or are set to have incredible battle scenes in them. But which has the best.

As you well know, i AKU, despise CGI and LOTR and troy have CGI in them. (Well the boats are CGI in Troy but i dont know about the battles).

Last Samurai was completley human fought like in gladiator, no special effects included which made it look ultra real and was more of an adrenaline rush.

I can see that lord of the ringys needed some CGI coz of the elephant wannabies, and the ghost people.

And why the heck didnt aragorn just tell all those ghosties to kill Mordor aswell as all the orc invader people.

Anyway, THE POINT of this thread is which is the best BATTLE scene and when i say battle i mean with swords and stuff not bullets.

Savvy?

Old Post May 10th, 2004 02:56 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Re: LOTR vs Troy vs Last Samurai vs King Arthur

quote:
Originally posted by Aku

And why the heck didnt aragorn just tell all those ghosties to kill Mordor aswell as all the orc invader people.

Because he had promised to release them if they saved minas tirith. And since he is a good guy, he keeps his promises.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:02 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Yeh but surely its logical. Its like if you have two bowls of coco-pops right and you just have milk for both of them, but you use it all on one bowl of cerial, thats exactly what aragorn did except with dead/alive people and orc/elephant things.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:09 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

LOTR is a fantasy movie, with mythical creatures, it needs CGI, Last Samurai was based on a true story, its easier to get a hold of a a bunch of japanese guys in samurai outfits, than it is, giant elephants and flying lizards.

I loved the charge of the rohan, it was Big and beautiful

But I also like the samurai charge, Emotional, Heroic.

I havn't seen the other 2.

quote:
Yeh but surely its logical. Its like if you have two bowls of coco-pops right and you just have milk for both of them, but you use it all on one bowl of cerial, thats exactly what aragorn did.

Try telling that, to the Army of the Dead!!!

Last edited by @F1 on May 10th, 2004 at 04:35 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2004 04:32 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Another movie that falls into this category, I think, is The 13th Warrior. It's very much like The LAst Samurai in that an outsider must fit in with a group of warriors. Not much, if any, CG was used in this one.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 11th, 2004 06:26 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

Troys cgi will be better because it cost double what rotk did.
rotk-95 million
Troy-200 million(i heard on cnn)

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:13 PM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yikes, this desprite for a thread? What the f**k?

Old Post May 12th, 2004 05:10 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiball

the similarity you are looking for is that they are all big epic movies with a big budget. they are all (with the exception of the last samurai) based on fantasy books or myths, which is why they have these funky creatures in it, which is why they need the oh-so-helpful CGI

quote:
Originally posted by manny321
Troys cgi will be better because it cost double what rotk did.
rotk-95 million
Troy-200 million(i heard on cnn)

i don't think it was the CGI that costs a lot...it's just a couple of computer graphics. what took up so much money was the set. and just because it cost a lot more doesn't necessarily they'll do a better job. from all those rumours i've heard of it, it's not exactly very true to poor old Homer

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:42 AM
quiball is currently offline Click here to Send quiball a Private Message Find more posts by quiball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Smile

Still could have used models

Old Post May 12th, 2004 10:03 AM
quiball

models for the buildings? yeah, i suppose, but they probably wanted them to look as real as possible and as we can see, in LOTR, the models looked rather strange when you put them next to the "real" things

Old Post May 12th, 2004 10:28 PM
quiball is currently offline Click here to Send quiball a Private Message Find more posts by quiball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

in the return of the king the part wit legolas and the elphant waS a good scence also in the two towers with legolas down the staris awas good

bitches bow down

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:59 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

King Arthur is quite possibly the worst Arthurian movie of all time

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:28 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

the only two i've seen or care to see out of that list is lotr and troy...and i'd say troy has the better/cooler battle scenes, but i'm bias cause i don't dig lotr

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:34 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

There no comparisin Lotr hands down erm

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:53 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

1st.LOTR 2nd.Troy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 04:18 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the Last samuri wasnt based on a true story, it was loosely inspired by actual events, but greatly failed to give you a factual reinactment. The battles in the last samuri were nothing special, just like the movie. We had already seen everything last samuri did, and saw it better. The same goes for Troy,

Troy was done on a larger scale, but did nothing special with it's battle scenes. All the fighting in Troy was stale and un inspiring. Whenever the movie would break away to one on one battles we actually had some entertianment. Maybe instead of blowing all there money on a CGI budget they should have hired some decent coreographers, and talented camrea men, maybe then the bordem and mediocrity of the movie would have been overshadowed.

As for king arthur, well i slightly enjoyed this movie, for the simple fact that it tried to do somthing new, it actually tried to break away from the medevil movie formula's. However,i think the director bit off more than he could chew, The style he tried to incoorperate came off as if he was trying to hard. The battle scenes were again nothing special, and even somewhat boring.

Rotk has to have the best battles out of the list above, even though the battles werent as large scaled as two owers, the action was still very entertaining, and wasnt scared to take risks. The coreography was excellent for every character who was shot swinging a sword or weilded a bow. The build up, and the execution and style of execution was done very well for Rotk

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 07:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess Re
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i have seen LOTR and troy so i can't say i can choose sad

I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
SIG MADE BY LIL BITCHINESS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:23 PM
Princess Re is currently offline Click here to Send Princess Re a Private Message Find more posts by Princess Re Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

last samurai is the best

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 08:50 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

Rotk was so much better!!!! The battles in Troy were also pretty good and impressive, but by far not as good as in Rotk.
AND THE MUMAKIL ARE NOT ELEPHANT WANNABIES. They are one of the most coolest things in Rotk. I love them!!! big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:01 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess Re
Restricted

Account Restricted

but umm i think LOTR and Troy win!!!!

I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
SIG MADE BY LIL BITCHINESS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 08:22 PM
Princess Re is currently offline Click here to Send Princess Re a Private Message Find more posts by Princess Re Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote