KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bruce Almighty 2

Bruce Almighty 2
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ones
Death Eater

Bruce Almighty 2

yes its official. read:

Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Pictures and Spyglass are in talks to mount a Bruce Almighty sequel based on the Bobby Florsheim/Josh Stolberg script "The Passion of the Ark," reports Variety.

Talks are just getting under way, but the plan is to court Jim Carrey to reprise and to have Tom Shadyac return as director. Carrey is said to have left the door open for another installment after the first proved to be the biggest-grossing hit of his career.

Screenwriter Steve Oedekerk will be enlisted to refit "Ark" into a sequel. The "Ark" script could work with another actor, who'd play a widowed writer who's chosen by God to prepare for the second great flood.

Universal is expected to run the production and will likely distribute domestically.

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:10 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stickle pop
Movie mastermind

it will suck

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:29 PM
Stickle pop is currently offline Click here to Send Stickle pop a Private Message Find more posts by Stickle pop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
House of Jade

He's right it will!

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:51 PM
House of Jade is currently offline Click here to Send House of Jade a Private Message Find more posts by House of Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

sad

Old Post May 14th, 2004 09:54 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Interesting, they better get the "..all the powers of God" thing right this time. Jesus walked on water, not God, like Bruce did in the movie. Kinda nitpicky, I know, but still.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 11:28 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

And Jesus is the son of who? wink

Old Post May 15th, 2004 12:13 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

God..........oh your right. good point

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 15th, 2004 07:45 AM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

quote:
Originally posted by Stickle pop
it will suck

man you haven't even read the script

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post May 15th, 2004 08:18 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsychoFreeak

meh..........i dunno..........if theres nothing else out 2 c i might c BM2
i thorght that bruce almighty was ok but a #2???........

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:23 AM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo G
man you haven't even read the script
making a sequel to a movie that needs no sequel at all is a bad move. sometimes it can turn out okay, sometimes great, even. But it's still a risky move all the time

Old Post May 16th, 2004 03:42 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peeves-04
PROFESSOR OF CHARMS

cool sig lord soth

Peeves Hogwarts poltergeist

big grinSig made by Sun Cebig grin

Old Post May 16th, 2004 03:50 PM
Peeves-04 is currently offline Click here to Send Peeves-04 a Private Message Find more posts by Peeves-04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsychoFreeak

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
making a sequel to a movie that needs no sequel at all is a bad move. sometimes it can turn out okay, sometimes great, even. But it's still a risky move all the time

yeah.......i agree!
i think that if they do another BM............meh....nah..........i don't think they should!!!
but jim's gonna b in it so it might be alright.........
big grin roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 17th, 2004 07:39 AM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

let's just hope for a good sequel... smile

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:06 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

i like steve carrell...but i donno about this...

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 01:45 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lyna303
i like steve carrell...but i donno about this...
.....no expression

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 04:35 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Problem is with sequels like these, the actors aren't really motivated or into doing them...the charm/excitement is gone if the original was a essentially a one-trick pony (which it was), and you can usually tell they've showed up just for the $$

It's like making a sequel to Adam Sandlers "Click"...what's the point?

And if a couple prior Carrey sequels are any indication (Dumb and Dumberer, Son of the Mask), this one's gonna suck. It might be as funny as Ace II (which was so-so at best) if Carrey's actually in it...and that's 'cause Carrey will actually be in it.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Nov 3rd, 2006 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 04:44 AM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i dont think anyone has mentioned its not called bruce almighty 2. It is Evan Almighty

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 06:52 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I am a little hesitant to think that this sequel will be as good as the first, but we'll see. I am sure I will go and see it just to see how it turned out.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 02:25 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

They should call it, "Bruce Almightierester"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 04:24 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Trailer: http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/mo...yerf_hiq_dl.mp4

It actually looks like it might be alright... If anyone can pull it off, it's Steve Carell...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 08:06 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote