KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Oddessy

The Oddessy
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

The Oddessy

Now that they have made a film about the illiad, do you think that they will make a film about the oddessy.?
The trojan war lasted 10 years, and the oddesy lasts about 10 years as well. It chronicals Odysseus's voyage home to Ithaca, and his hardships during that time. It is actually meant to be much more focused on mythology, whereas the illiad was more focused on war.

Old Post May 15th, 2004 03:29 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

ther are actually numerous films of the Oddessy

Old Post May 15th, 2004 06:46 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

'Troy' is in a sense Illiad. and yeah, like finti said, there are many films about Odyssey yes

P.S you spelt Odyssey wrong stick out tongue

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 15th, 2004 08:11 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I thought that they might make a modern remake of it, because at the end of troy, Sean Bean says some thing like "If they ever tell my story"

Old Post May 15th, 2004 03:43 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

they could I dont know how good it would be me, as you said it involves more mythology some things harder to do like the cyclops, hopefully they use Sean Bean if they do make it

Old Post May 15th, 2004 08:20 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I looked on imdb.com and it doesnt show sean bean as being signed up for anything like that. But if troy continues to make lots of money, it is inevitable that they would want to make a follow up movie (to get more money)

Old Post May 15th, 2004 08:27 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

well there have been a lot of Odyssey but they were only TV movies, just like they made a troy movie on tv not even 6 months ago there is a Troy movie out, so why not make a mainstream Odyssey movie, and get it out of cheap the trend of TV movies.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 01:41 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Wasnt odessy those two faggy guys who made wings out of wax and feathers and one of the guys died showing off?

Old Post May 16th, 2004 04:08 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

/\ No, I believe that was Icarus and his father

Old Post May 16th, 2004 04:16 PM
speiderman

NBC made a feature film called the Odyssesy in 1998 I think. I remember that Vanessa Williams played the nymph that helps Odysseus get off one of the islands.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 04:36 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

If the same company make the Odyssey as made Troy, I don't think they'll use Sean Bean, he wouldn't captivate an audience for a 2 hour film.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 07:04 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i dont know about that, he does have some good scenes and performances,

Old Post May 16th, 2004 07:26 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Sean Bean is good but not a leading man. Actually ppl just expect him to die. He basically does in every movie laughing

Old Post May 16th, 2004 07:43 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I noticed that before. He dies in:
Goldeneye
Equilibrium
LOTR Fellowship of the ring

Old Post May 16th, 2004 09:30 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Sean Bean is good but not a leading man. Actually ppl just expect him to die. He basically does in every movie laughing

Hes Ulysses, is he not? And he doesnt die stick out tongue not even after Odyssey!

Person that was supposed to die didnt.

Besides, if they are to make a new Odyssey, i vote someone else for Ulysses embarrasment

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 16th, 2004 09:47 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No point calling him Ulysses unless you have gone all Roman on us...

Well, I like Sean Bean. He led well enough in Sharpe.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I never actually saw sharpe. did he die at the end of that as well?

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Kes

But not before he's had his emotional breakdown! big grin

Old Post May 17th, 2004 01:24 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Drifter101
i dont know about that, he does have some good scenes and performances,

Yeah, he has SOME. But not enough.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 01:25 PM