KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie

Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie

Yes. This site could be lieing but this is quoted from gamespot.com................Please enjoy roll eyes (sarcastic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Aku does not guarantee that this information is correct or even liable, any proven information that somehow defies this quote is purly coincidental.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:44 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Not bad, not bad! I'll be in college when it's out most likely, but hey! About time they did something with it, now let's make sure they do it right wink

Old Post May 16th, 2004 02:10 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

eek! sweet!!!!

I hope it's not botched like most games-gone-movies, and I hope its based on the first one rather then the second one.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 02:12 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

OI MORTAL KOMBAT was a brilliant movie. But yes most computer games-to movies (that ive seen) are not exactly the best films although i can only think of street fighter. And theres another one but i cant remember what it is.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 03:51 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Bump and moved to the new forum!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 11:32 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

are u sure this is final gonna be made into a movie people have been saying this for years now an dif it is made into amovie i hope its on the third game

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:15 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spearhead
eek! sweet!!!!

I hope it's not botched like most games-gone-movies, and I hope its based on the first one rather then the second one.
No doubt it would be... or the third one

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 07:02 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonslayer

Hi all. I´m new here and first of all I want to say HEEELLLLLOOOO to every movie, video game- and metal freak around here. Well, is anyone out there with informations about the Devil May Cry Movie? Is it real, is it a fake or maybe impossible to answer this question?
Greetz...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:24 PM
Demonslayer is currently offline Click here to Send Demonslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Demonslayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

...Can I just say that this thread is completely off?

You can't say for the title of a thread "Its Official" and then inside it say "It could be lying"

Just get your facts straight.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:13 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

ya theyve bennt alking about a DMC movie for years now but i hope its coming

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 07:05 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tru_Slice
Pun not included

Re: Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie

Originally posted by Aku
Yes. This site could be lieing but this is quoted from gamespot.com................Please enjoy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

Note: Aku does not guarantee that this information is correct or even liable, any proven information that somehow defies this quote is purly coincidental.

Budget of $40 mill?!

It'll be crap!

Chronicles of Riddick cost more than that!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 12:35 AM
Tru_Slice is currently offline Click here to Send Tru_Slice a Private Message Find more posts by Tru_Slice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Re: Re: Its Official: Devil May Cry - The Movie

Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Budget of $40 mill?!

It'll be crap!

Chronicles of Riddick cost more than that!

Hmm, Versus is a film that is in the same kinda action horror, with the hero being stylish and running around with swords and guns laying waste to zombies much like Dante, and I hardly think that budget was close to 40 mill, correct me if Im wrong. So a great movie of the genre can be done without breaking the bank.

As far as a DMC is concerned, I think a japanese company handling it is actually for the best. I think they would have the mindset to keep it more to the source material, where as a a hollywood dude would probably change some stuff to make it appeal to the casual hollywood movie goer.

Ryuhai Kitamura would be a good director, he directed the aforementioned Versus and other action kinda stuff that seems to fit the DMC niche. Ill say Tak Sakaguchi (if thats how you spell his name) could be Dante, but I really only say that because he is the only actor I know by name without looking it up, and he seems to always play the stylish antihero anyway.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 02:30 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallvill_Li

Cool when is it coming out ??

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 05:51 PM
Smallvill_Li is currently offline Click here to Send Smallvill_Li a Private Message Find more posts by Smallvill_Li Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seroth sujizero

I've seen rumours about the DMC movie come and go for quite some time now. I really hope that they're gonna start working on it soon, because it does have a lot of potential. The main story in the games is kinda cliché, yet original with an original twist, and Dante would be a kickass actionhero, so with the right director, actors, and a high budget, this movie could become very enjoyable. As for now, all we can do is wait and see I guess...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 10:15 PM
seroth sujizero is currently offline Click here to Send seroth sujizero a Private Message Find more posts by seroth sujizero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i think their should, this game has HUGE potential to be an awesome movie

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 10:22 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Vergeil would be sweet. I would also like to see an Onimusha film

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:44 AM