KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Castlvania: the Movie??

Castlvania: the Movie??
Started by: Vim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vim
ILFTKYS

Question Castlvania: the Movie??

Okay I posted this in the Van Helsing discussion, but I wanted more people's opinion, on a Castlevania movie. Should it take place today or like Van Helsing, with the popularity of the monster hunting movies, I thought why not take a story that's been around for years in video games and give it the big screen glory it deserves, and it has the potential to be better than any of the monster movies of late. I think it would be great to see a modern spin put on it, with a old dying Belmont, trying to find his lost son to pass on the torch of monster hunting, and when he does find his son, effectively named Simon, and as the old Belmont man dies he hands his son a whip, thus begins Simon's descent into the evil underworld. This would be a great flic i think. What does everyone else think?

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 04:56 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

I Think castlevania is a mistake to make a movie of. Just for the fact that the dudes main weapon is a whip this means action scenes would be either stupidy cheesy or generally crap. I think devil may cry would be a better movie big grin.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:01 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Well, I don't know how many Castlevania games you have played, but the whip usally gets powered a bukoo of levels including flames, lightning, and thousands of other powerups also, you usually end being able to use some sort of screen clearing spell, and other smaller powerups. Along with the holy water, and cross boomerangs, I wasn't just saying the guy was going to use a whip, only a whip through the entire movie... Now do you think its cheesy?

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post May 20th, 2004 02:22 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

shifty shifty I've been thinking about this since Symphany of the night at that time there was only a hanf full of grade A Fanticy movies.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 02:37 PM
hobington is currently offline Click here to Send hobington a Private Message Find more posts by hobington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Past Times would be much better.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 02:42 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

Im not a game player (working on current castlevania)

yes I think finding spells to endoure the whip would work.

What if the whips been in the family for years but finding a spell and descovring it works with the whip sets our charater on his journy?

Old Post May 20th, 2004 03:10 PM
hobington is currently offline Click here to Send hobington a Private Message Find more posts by hobington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

how about the soundtrak? how much of the games would be used?

How about the time period isn't set ? like Gothem City Usage of props(like in Vanhelsing"s lab) used on a medevil set?

Old Post May 20th, 2004 03:13 PM