KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » A Knight's Tale

A Knight's Tale
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

A Knight's Tale

I just did a search for this and was amazed that no-one has started a thread!

So I will... big grin

I bought the DVD because it was only a fiver and I was bored.

I was so glad I did, it was excellent!

Extremely entertaining, with action, romance, comedy and some excellent acting moments.

Also, all English boffins, like me, did you notice all the wonderful Chaucerian references? I especially liked Simon the Summoner and Peter the Pardoner!

I was a little disappointed with the ending, because I felt that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: such a big deal had been made about William 'following his feet' home that he should have gone straight to his father rather than ending the movie with a snog but thats Hollywood for ya!

What did anyone else think?

Old Post May 20th, 2004 09:31 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I liked the movie. the black horse rode by his opponent is magnificent. its probably the most muscular horse i've ever seen. william's armor is a bit unrealistic though. i can't believe something that thin could be that tough, not at that time anyway.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 10:08 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

it was ok. the "we will, we will rock you" bit kinda bugged me though. i didn't know that song was hundreds of years old...

Old Post May 20th, 2004 10:10 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiball

i didn't like it. it thought it was too superficial and the action was not too believable

Old Post May 21st, 2004 02:28 AM
quiball is currently offline Click here to Send quiball a Private Message Find more posts by quiball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Yeah I thought it was tacky, ok for a tv film but I'm glad I've never paid to see it.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 03:37 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Heath Ledger in anything spells certain doom.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 05:48 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

It was kinda cheesy coz of the whole 'we will rock you' thing. But i though it was quite good and it surprisingly made me cry. I coulnt believe it. It was like the only film that had made me cry for the last 8 years.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 11:44 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

well i loved the movie. i thought it was great.......... the story and the comedy was good...different in a good way........... big grin

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post May 21st, 2004 05:51 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mumygrl

Tongue A Knight's tale

You got a good deal on the movie if you only paid $5.00!! It is good entertainment but not a good movie. It is kind of fun to watch and like I said, entertaining. Enjoy!!
Daisy

Old Post May 21st, 2004 07:49 PM
mumygrl is currently offline Click here to Send mumygrl a Private Message Find more posts by mumygrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

£5 is about $9

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 02:05 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

My favourite quote:

Wat: I don't understand women.

Geoff: Neither do I, but they understand us...

So true! stick out tongue

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:07 PM
Max Power

it was decent. It was kind of fun that they took a modern spin on the medievil stuff but sometimes that really bugged me too.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:55 PM
Max Power is currently offline Click here to Send Max Power a Private Message Find more posts by Max Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote