KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "Hannibal of Carthage" discussion

"Hannibal of Carthage" discussion
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

"Hannibal of Carthage" discussion

Some months ago i recall there being numerous sites posting articles about a film about the man who kept Rome at bay for years, Hannibal of Carthage, w/ many of those types of films being released, "Alexander" "Troy" "King Arthur" what happened to that one? last time i checked they were considering Vin Diesel as Hannibal, which i believe to be a bad choice, but soon all talk of it disappeared. what do you believe happened to it, if it is to be made who do you think whould be best

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:02 AM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382731/

Plot Outline: Vin Diesel stars as the Carthaginian general who rode an elephant across the Alps to attack Rome in the 3rd Century B.C.

Its suppose to come out in 2005 and it's called Hannibal.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 11:43 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 11:46 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

thank you very much for the info

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 02:07 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

You're welcome.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 02:29 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i dont see it being that good w/ Vin Diesal

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 08:26 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

isnt hannibal the cannibal guy???

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 08:58 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

from the silence of the lambs movies, yes. this hannibal is historical.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 10:33 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

the one who crossed the elephants on the alps

Old Post May 24th, 2004 09:06 PM
Max Power

could be cool. I'll wait for the trailer.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:56 PM
Max Power is currently offline Click here to Send Max Power a Private Message Find more posts by Max Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

should be a good movie the elephant scene should be great, when they finally attack italy

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:22 PM
roundisfunny

It would be cool to see Anthony Hopkins playing him, though...just to be funny.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 11:43 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

If Vin Diesel takes some acting classes it could work. Hannibal Barca was a large gruff, tough man, and Vin fits the bill. I just hope that he takes some acting classes before he takes this one on. (but to be quite honest, he was pretty good in Knock around Guys

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 12:00 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I've heard that there'll be 2 Hannibal movies w/ Vin Diseal and Denzel Washington. Anybody know anything about this? Or am I making this up?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 02:11 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

2 movies is too much, they only need one, doubt they'll get Denzel to do it, it will porbably Vin Diseal (who really needs to learn how to really act)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 09:50 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

lets hope that either Vin Diseal learns to act for this film or they get someone new

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 06:13 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

wonder who else could play hannibal?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 11:51 PM