KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » My Big Fat Independent Movie And Anti-Heroes

My Big Fat Independent Movie And Anti-Heroes
Started by: gregmss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gregmss
We Can Do It

My Big Fat Independent Movie And Anti-Heroes

why arent they on this website infact all Crippy films arent sad wink embarrasment mad

We're Bialystock and Bloom

Old Post May 27th, 2004 05:40 PM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gregmss
We Can Do It

hello

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:32 AM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gregmss
We Can Do It

Has anyone seen the crippy movies heres a list
1.Attack Of the Killer Wig
2.Anti-heroes
3.Fat-Man(anti-heroes spinoff)
4.Haffatta(Starring Greg Kinnear French Stewart Mike Myers The Olsen Twins James Moss Jack Gregson)
5.Just A Kid(starring Cameron Diaz)
6.My Big Fat Ass(not that good)
7.Haffatta2 The Revenge(Coming Soon)

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:39 AM
boxofdeath2.0

who or what is a crippy movie?

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:08 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gregmss
We Can Do It

a Crippy Movie Is a film made By crippy studios and are usally directed by Jack Gregson or James Moss and are extremly funny (my screen name is a homage to jack "greg"son and James Mo"ss"

Old Post May 29th, 2004 01:49 PM
silver_tears

are they like off hollywood films, that aren't blockbusters?

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:35 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil_fumbling_an

oh i have heard alot about 'my big fat independent movie', it sounds like such a funny movie.. i mean spoof movies usually wreak of so much cheesiness that it is unbelievable but it always makes for a good laugh

has anyone here gotten to see the movie yet ? if you have what did you think, was it any good ?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:19 AM
lil_fumbling_an is currently offline Click here to Send lil_fumbling_an a Private Message Find more posts by lil_fumbling_an Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I saw "My Big Fat Independent Movie". It had it moments.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:24 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manicmyk
Sulu is what?!

Its definitely a funny film. If you have paid attention to indie cinema in the last few years there are tons of giggles thrown in.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 03:27 AM
manicmyk is currently offline Click here to Send manicmyk a Private Message Find more posts by manicmyk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

My Big Fat Independent Movie was pretty funny.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:42 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kediaankit

Hey the movie was ptetty funny. I like spoofs. Scary movie was one of them. The best part of MY BIG FAT INDEPENDENT MOVIE i liked was the botched robbery. Which scene did u like guys.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 10:07 AM
kediaankit is currently offline Click here to Send kediaankit a Private Message Find more posts by kediaankit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

My favorite scene might've been when that one guy just had to kill someone. So the other one was telling him how to kill someone and make it ironic so he can still remain the anti-hero and the audience won't hate him.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 08:37 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brad555

I saw “My Big Fat Independent Movie” and I loved it. “Not another Teen Movie” did a hilarious spoof to all those teen movies and “My Big Fat Independent Movie” just perfects that formula. Jason Mewes and Clint Howard were so very funny in their parts.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 01:07 AM
brad555 is currently offline Click here to Send brad555 a Private Message Find more posts by brad555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Wow, that's very gracious. Jason Mewes was incredibly annoying, playing himself, and Clint Howard was in the movie all of 30 seconds. There's no way in hell I'd compare this movie to one with a budget that was A LOT more ruthless in parodying a genre. MBFIM and its satire was incredibly heavyhanded, which is the first no-no in a spoof. It's supposed to be subtle, and more implied. This was just a mutt with a bunch of "Look, we know what makes indies cool!" references and nods, where the filmmakers obviously are fishing for compliments.

Not to mention, the editing job was horrible. The theatre shootout scene outside, they used the same shot twice, with the girl falling.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 01:59 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Yeah, another reason I rented it was for Jason Mewes. It turned out he wasn't very funny in it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 02:00 AM
manicmyk
Sulu is what?!

Wow. I took that to be intentional poking of fun at indies. The fact that the movie was poking fun of itelf along with indies in general was kind of cool. Clint Howard is in a ton of movies for like 30 seconds isn't he? That was another part of the genre poking I thought was funny. You cant have an indie flick without a Clint cameo.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:14 AM
manicmyk is currently offline Click here to Send manicmyk a Private Message Find more posts by manicmyk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by manicmyk
You cant have an indie flick without a Clint cameo.

..which is just another indie cliche they play up to. It was just too "heavy" a spoof. They honestly tried too hard with this one, and IMHO, it's naive to come out of the gate, making a spoof as your first movie, of your own genre, given they had little or no credibility, and even less after this movie.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:22 AM
manicmyk
Sulu is what?!

I completely understand where you are coming from and we are on differing sides of the fence on this one. I think it needed to be heavy to be a spoof, if it were too subtle it wouldn't have been a spoof, or at least in the way I have come to think of spoofs.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:58 AM
lil_fumbling_an

personally i like that they did the spoofs kinda over the top & didnt hint about them or were not very subtle with the spoofs, they just hit you straight on with what they were aiming for & didnt leave you guessing or having to think.. so i agree with manic that yeah its great with how they were straightforward .. true doing a spoof as your first movie ever is idk not something i would think that some1 would do but i think that the writing was done very well for this movie... i did like that mewes was in the film, i thought they he should have had a better part, i mean he is so hilarious in his other films.. still evern with the over the top antics this this film throws at you it just its for a good laugh & i think they got the job done right cause this movie made me laugh.. cant wait to get my copy on dvd

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 07:55 PM
lil_fumbling_an is currently offline Click here to Send lil_fumbling_an a Private Message Find more posts by lil_fumbling_an Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobby

I see where you're coming from about this movie too, but I gotta say I thought this movie was great. I haven't really seen a spoof I didn't like, but to me this tops em all, scary movie, not another teen movie, spaceballs.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 07:37 AM
hobby is currently offline Click here to Send hobby a Private Message Find more posts by hobby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote