KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Constantine

Constantine
Started by: theone0103

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theone0103
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning Constantine

This movie looks awesome, just it may be a little off the edge. It is about believeing the devil. That just seems wrong but still, I'd rather see it for the action and not the plot.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:30 PM
theone0103 is currently offline Click here to Send theone0103 a Private Message Find more posts by theone0103 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Actually it isn't about the devil, it's about believeing in the supernatural erm

Based on the DC/Vertigo comic book Hellblazer and written by Kevin Brodbin, Mark Bomback and Frank Capello, Constantine tells the story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), who has literally been to hell and back. When Constantine teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister (also played by Weisz), their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldy events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

Courtesy of www.imdb.com

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:33 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I saw the trailer for this movie last week. It looks interesting to see Keanu doing a different film than the Matrix. I'm keeping high hopes! It looks good! yes

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 06:32 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Keanu as Constantine... I mean... just... HOW?????????????

I doubt any of you have any idea just how vicious Hellblazer is. They cannot possibly get that feel on film. But Keanu as casting is just too weird for me to understand.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, if i had never read the Hellblazer comics, i may have wanted to see this movie, but Ush is right there is no way they can capture this character using Keanu reeves. Keanu is a very one dimensional actor, constatine has depths in his sarcasim

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 12:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

^ yesthe match is totally wrong because hellblazer is blonde and well i think keanu did a good job, the movie was really good the storyline was nice the CGI right up there non-stop action, matched by some good humor definately worth a sequel

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:24 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent 69
Day trippin

Got 5 stars in hot dog

http://idiotbox.forumsplace.com/myform

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:26 PM
Agent 69 is currently offline Click here to Send Agent 69 a Private Message Find more posts by Agent 69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

it is definately worth watching.. its really good in my opinion

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:28 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Keanu as Constantine... I mean... just... HOW?????????????

I doubt any of you have any idea just how vicious Hellblazer is. They cannot possibly get that feel on film. But Keanu as casting is just too weird for me to understand.
Constantine is meant to be a blonde liverpudlian. KEANNU REEVES!!! sick mad sick sad

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:30 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There are a few "Constantine" threads in the Comic Book Movie section. So many, I won't even bother moving it. Follow up in one of those.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:56 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote