KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Man on Fire

Man on Fire
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Man on Fire

I used the search feature and was shocked to not see a topic about this movie.

Anyway, IT WAS GREAT! It was nothing like the commercials made it out to be (which I love being surprised like that). Not that the commercials made it look bad, but it looked pretty ordinary from them. The camera effects were different which may through many off, but I found it kind of unique. They almost went a little overboard with it, but it was still really cool. Can't wait for the DVD to add this to my collection.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 09:24 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I saw it opening day, and is still one of the Top 3 movies I have seen all year.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 03:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Agreed. Of course, I've only liked a total of about 4 movies this year. I'm very critical erm

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 09:14 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jane101

Man on Fire synopsis

In the synopsis in this website of Man on Fire with Denzel Washington, it "concerns an embittered former marine who moves to Italy and becomes a bodyguard for an Italian family." This is not true. The first Man on Fire, released in 1987, has a similar plot line and set in Italy. The 2004 Man on Fire is set in Mexico.

It is a great movie none the less. It is not just a "blow-em-up movie" with no plot line. I would recommened it to anyone who can watch the sometimes graphic violence.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:26 PM
Jane101 is currently offline Click here to Send Jane101 a Private Message Find more posts by Jane101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Welcome aboard.

You'll want to post something like this in the Movie Review section.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:27 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aye-Chico

omg
are these 2 replies the only messages on this board about this awesome movie!?!
anyway I've seen it twice in an airplane and its such a great story and great acting!! Both denzel and the girl.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 10:35 AM
Aye-Chico is currently offline Click here to Send Aye-Chico a Private Message Find more posts by Aye-Chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i thought it was great. its still not denzels best movie but it was great

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 02:46 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

awesome movie

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:30 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yeah, a good action movie, i think we all need some mindless violence now and again

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I wouldn't say it was mindless. Hell, the 1st half didn't even include much violence. It was focusing on the relationship between the girl and Denzel. But yeah, the violence was definitely cool in the second half.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 07:37 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
yeah, a good action movie, i think we all need some mindless violence now and again

I'm going to echo Myth's sentiments here. "Mindless violence" is something reserved for movies like "The Punisher", which "Man on Fire" outshined, even with the same premise.

I'm holding out on the pathetic barebones DVD, in hopes for a loaded version on down the road. Still love the film.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:11 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yep, damn cool movie.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

yeah it did outshine, the punisher because it devolped the relationship a little more between Denzel and the girl

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:24 AM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Just bought the movie and watched it. It was pretty awesome. Beautiful camera effects. Much better then I expected.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:34 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freddy Lover
Speachless

Speaking of it....My brother bought me Van Helsing for me for Christmas...He got it as a previously viewed movie...(how thoughtful)...and I opened the case. But Van Helsing wasn't in it...Man on Fire was. I never seen it before. It might be good...but...yeah.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 02:26 PM
Freddy Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Freddy Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Freddy Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

great movie! didn't like the ending, but made it more moving I guess wink

Love the little grl, dekoda ( sp? ) is such a great actress, she did an awsome job!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 08:05 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

its Dakota Fanning

and freddy lover you got lucky because van helsing wasnt too good and man on fire is great

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 08:11 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Yea I feel the same, I didn't like Van Helsing that must, But this movie was awsome!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 08:13 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I thought this thread was suppose to be about Man on Fire confused

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 10:14 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norma Jean
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man on Fire is one of my favorite movies ever. The visual style is awesome.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:54 PM
Norma Jean is currently offline Click here to Send Norma Jean a Private Message Find more posts by Norma Jean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote