KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » KB Soundtrack Reviews?

KB Soundtrack Reviews?
Started by: sarahvma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sarahvma

KB Soundtrack Reviews?

Being somewhat short on cash, I want to know if it's worth it buying the volumes 1 and 2 soundtracks.. I have Pulp Fiction, which is fantastic (there was a whole summer where it didn't leave my CD player) and I want Reservoir Dogs, but how does KB compare?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:12 AM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

kill bill, while following tarantinos tradition for out there eclectic soundtacks, isn't as good as the pulp fiction or reservoir dogs soundtracks. featuring great songs such as Woo Hoo by The 5,6,7,8's and the Twisted Nerve tune (whistled by Elle Driver while stalking the hospital corridors), there are other songs that make you think "why". the most obvious song on the cd is "ode to oren iishi." preformed by a talentless hack and droping the standards of the cd. sure its a great cd, but in places it drags a little.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 10:49 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SenshiNaka
Warrior Inside

Download it to test it then see if you like either of them. IMO they both are great. Favorite songs out of the two cd's:

"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" - Tomoyasu Hotei
"A Satisfied Mind" - Johnny Cash

"And I'm very sad about that. But some fellas are lucky, and some ain't." -Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 01:37 AM
SenshiNaka is currently offline Click here to Send SenshiNaka a Private Message Find more posts by SenshiNaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I bought the Volume 2 soundtrack and it's awesome. The mexican tracks are especially nice, I like 'em. No sound effects in the movie, so none on the soundtrack.
thumb upthumb up Get itttt!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 02:23 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I have the 1st one which I love, but really haven't heard the 2nd yet.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:21 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

lol... couldn't resist. Just bought V.2 CD. Tell you what I think tomorrow. So far, I love the obvious ones - About Her, Goodnight Moon and Malagera Salerosa.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:25 AM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

I'm not sure.. the same song that plays as Budd buries Bea, is that the same song they play when Bill does his death walk?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:47 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I rate it a 4 stars!!! Great songs and I love that track that has the Pai Mei legend! Get both tracks! vol.1 and vol.2! smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 02:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

quote:
Originally posted by sarahvma
I'm not sure.. the same song that plays as Budd buries Bea, is that the same song they play when Bill does his death walk?

I think Bill's death walk is from TG, TB & TU confused

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 05:34 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i bought the vol.1 cd after i bought the dvd. i have to say, i love the v.1 OST. twisted nerve (4) is awesome. bang bang (1) is great too. but my faorites are battle without honor or humanity (9), please don't let me be misunderstood (10) the green hornet (8), woo hoo (11) and (13) i forgot the title.

i noticed something when i was watchig the movie. the song "ode to o-ren ishii" was playing when the bride came out of her coma and f*cked up buck... i think...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 09:46 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

its a good soundtrack

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:18 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

okay - i have the second. Which do you guys think is better: 1 or 2?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:52 PM
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

Buy buy buy buy buy buy! Spend spend spend spend spend!

Yes you should buy them both

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 02:32 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

i can't believe I haven't gotten them yet I got a few of QT's other movie soundtracks and i love 'em..I'll be getting kill bill vol1 and 2 soon!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 05:36 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bk wait until the DVD release of Vol. 2. The Soundtracks might go on sale! Could save you a buck or two in certain stores. Like Tower Records yes

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 12:09 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote