KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Single best greatest most enjoyable movie of all time ever is…

Single best greatest most enjoyable movie of all time ever is…
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Single best greatest most enjoyable movie of all time ever is…

So I've seen about a dozen of these "choose one - repeat ONE movie" threads - and without fail they are populated by dribbling bustards voting for two movies - normally people torn between Aliens and LOTR or A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

Pitiful.

So here's the challenge - get your brain in gear and choose a single movie. If it's already listed think of something else. No recent blockbusters and latest teeny craze films please - Nothing made and released in the last 4-5 years. Best, greatest, most enjoyable - I don't care what your reasons are for liking the thing, just say what it is and keep the justification to a minimum.

Lets go over those thread rules one more time for the terminally slow of thinking.

ONE film - If you can't count: Go away and ask a grown up for help.
Nothing released after 1999
If someone else has already chosen it - you can't have it. Boo-Hoo.

At the end I will compile the results and using a cunning system of point scoring announce what wins the best greatest most enjoyable movie of all time ever award. The winning voter for that movie gets to make a speech.

Actually that's a lie - I just want to see how few people are capable of following the instructions. My guess - not many.

My poor question is doomed to be ignored. I should start a "WHO LOVED LOTR!!!!! " thread instead eh?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:27 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I'm going to say Amadeus. Ive never been a big fan of opera or classical music but damn this great movie made all that stuff fun and enjoyable. I just think the movie is perfect because it has drama, dark humor and great acting. It's one movie that watching it over and over it never gets boring.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:55 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

i would have to say The ten comandements

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:06 PM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

becaus it was one of the first bible movies

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:07 PM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Either "Lord of the Rings" or "Alien"; I can't decide because I am a dribbling bustard.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jun 9th, 2004 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:16 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

At the moment I think my favorite is "The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeosie", but it is impossible to pick one movie of all time.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:38 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

The Lion King!!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:44 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barryelwonger

hmm if its b4 1999 the last boy scout(movies great nothin but smart ass remarks) other then that id have to go with a norton flick (american history X or fight club) rly hard to choose a 1 all time favorite movie i have a lot i love smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 07:54 PM
barryelwonger is currently offline Click here to Send barryelwonger a Private Message Find more posts by barryelwonger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

one flew over the cukko's nest

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:03 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Pulp Fiction

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:25 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Ghostbusters

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:26 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:39 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by barryelwonger
the last boy scout, american history X or fight club

Counting all the way up to one proving a little tricky for you there?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:14 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote