KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Whats your favourite 'Scary Movie'? (the actual movies called 'Scary Movie')

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Scary Movie 12 52.17%
Scary Movie 2 3 13.04%
Scary Movie 3 8 34.78%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Whats your favourite 'Scary Movie'? (the actual movies called 'Scary Movie')
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Whats your favourite 'Scary Movie'? (the actual movies called 'Scary Movie')

The first one, so funny!

CARMEN: Listen @$$hole! my boyfriend will be here any minute and hes black and he'll kick your a$s!
KILLER: You mean the one that wears make-up and dresses like a woman!?
CARMEN: How'd you know?
KILLER: Turn on your porch lights......
*turns on porch lights*
CREEPY GUY: Heeeeelp! he-help!
CARMEN: *sigh* Thats not my boyfriend, sure I f#cked him a couple of times but thats about it!
CREEPY GUY: AAAAHHHH! *girlish scream*

CINDY: Drew Decker!? she use to sit next to me in english class! I can't believe she died!
BUFFY: Why, were you close with her?
CINDY: No! I was gonna cheat off her test today!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 08:43 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Scary Movie 3, easily.

No toilet humor, no teen sex jokes, no drug jokes, just straight up spoof and sight gags from the Godfather of Goofy, Mr. David Zucker.

Quite possibly the 2nd coolest Jew in the world.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:47 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scary Movie 3 is awesome but Scary Movie steals it because it the original and it hilarious.Scary Movie 3 comes in second and im not even gonna put Scary Movie 2 on the list sad

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 06:20 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

#1 is the best yes

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:46 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I agree, the 1st was way better then the 3rd and 2nd, for scary movie 2 they should have just spoofed "I Still know what you did last summer" and "Scream 2", it would have been funnier.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:50 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Then it would have been the same as part 1 pretty much.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:57 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

meh you guys sre on crack. i hated the third they took away the real image of the movies, like its all saposed to be about sex and drugs and all that stupid shit that makes me laugh. but the third had nothing, i think i only laughed once cuase of that movie (kkk hoody scene). but other wise i thought 2 was so great. its my Fav.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 01:24 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeance
meh you guys sre on crack. i hated the third they took away the real image of the movies, like its all saposed to be about sex and drugs and all that stupid shit that makes me laugh. but the third had nothing, i think i only laughed once cuase of that movie (kkk hoody scene). but other wise i thought 2 was so great. its my Fav.

The Wayans Brothers are spoof amateurs. They had a fantastic urban spoof movie in "Don't Be a Menace..", but when "Scary Movie" hit, it was no better than "American Pie".

"Scary Movie 3" is for people who can appreciate true spoofs, who don't need teen actors running around topless, fornicating with pastries, smoking pot, having sex, and whatever it is high schoolers supposedly find entertaining these days.

It's for people who know who Zucker and Abrahams are, who have actually seen "Airplane!", "Top Secret!", or "The Kentucky Fried Movie".

That said, "Scary Movie 3" is one of my all time favorite movies, and it is a fact that it out grossed "Scary Movie 2", which says something for both directors. One still has it, and one doesn't. cool

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:11 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The Wayans Brothers are spoof amateurs. They had a fantastic urban spoof movie in "Don't Be a Menace..", but when "Scary Movie" hit, it was no better than "American Pie".

"Scary Movie 3" is for people who can appreciate true spoofs, who don't need teen actors running around topless, fornicating with pastries, smoking pot, having sex, and whatever it is high schoolers supposedly find entertaining these days.

It's for people who know who Zucker and Abrahams are, who have actually seen "Airplane!", "Top Secret!", or "The Kentucky Fried Movie".

That said, "Scary Movie 3" is one of my all time favorite movies, and it is a fact that it out grossed "Scary Movie 2", which says something for both directors. One still has it, and one doesn't. cool

dude thats what makes the scary movies, that kinda stuff is what made it funny, i dont think having a kid get hit every 10 mins is funny, its like the only thing they have in that movie that can be related to funny for 5 year old kids.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:55 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Scary Movie 2, that was the peak of the whole trilogy nonsence.

3 just tried to make it "too" funny and ran out of decent horror/thriller movies to take the piss out off

Discos - "watch ma fanny, fanny coming through"

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 05:00 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Discos

3 just tried to make it "too" funny and ran out of decent horror/thriller movies to take the piss out off

All Zucker's parodies have spoofed a variety of movies. "Scary Movie", now, is just a title for the franchise. If they abandoned it, then it would be hard to sell any sequels.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:29 PM
Major Knight

well i think they should go back to the way they made the other's. they should make it like the first cuase that was great and the second one. but the third just isn't like the others. it sucked to me, sure it was a little funny but it wasn't scary movie film.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:36 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

They wouldn't do that, because "Scary Movie 2" grossed only a little more than 1/2 of what the original made. "Scary Movie 3" out grossed 2, and for good reason. The newer formula works.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 10:37 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I enjoyed the first one best.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 10:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes me too

I think they could have spoofed better in SC3 tho

And I dont get why people even liked SC2 it was just too raunchy and they didnt take time to relax and it was all the way stupid.I just lost it when they rolled that guy up in paper and it looked like a smoke *shudders* and they had the pontential to make a good opening scene but they ruined it by making the characters vomit so much sick

Freddy VS Jason-they already did Scream 2 in the first movie I think.When they went to the movie theater and stuff and a uhh MALE BODY PART went through the stall door and into the guys ear sick

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:42 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

3 sucked so much.

i liked two the best
the argument with 'hanson' and the guy in the wheelchair was hilarious

My germs--

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 10:06 AM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowy_Exa
3 sucked so much.

i liked two the best
the argument with 'hanson' and the guy in the wheelchair was hilarious

My germs--

ses thats what im talking about. 2 was awsome but then again so was the first. those are my fav's. but three just isn't scary movie to me. and buy the way 3 made more money only becuase of the scary movie rep. just like shrek and all other movies thats people say are worse then the first still make tons of money couse of the first movies rep.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 07:54 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"The rep", as in reputation?

Like I said before, "Scary Movie 2" basically bombed. 3rd installments of a movie franchise NEVER do better than the sequels. Ever.

The reason it did so well is because people know who David Zucker is, and what he is capable of doing.

Just for the record:

Wayans Brothers:

Don't Be a Menace..
Scary Movie 1
Scary Movie 2
White Chicks

Zucker Brothers/Abrahams:

Kentucky Fried Movie
Airplane!
Airplane The Sequel!
Top Secret!
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
The Naked Gun 33 1/3
Hot Shots
Hot Shots Part Deux
BASEketball
Scary Movie 3

Now, exactly who do you think knows how spoofs are supposed to be done, and gave Scary Movie 3 a kick in revenue?

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jun 27th, 2004 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 08:15 PM
Major Knight

quote:

Like I said before, "Scary Movie 2" basically bombed. 3rd installments of a movie franchise NEVER do better than the sequels. Ever.

The reason it did so well is because people know who David Zucker is, and what he is capable of doing.

Just for the record:

Wayans Brothers:

Don't Be a Menace..
Scary Movie 1
Scary Movie 2
White Chicks

Kentucky Fried Movie
Airplane!
Airplane The Sequel!
Top Secret!
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
The Naked Gun 33 1/3
Hot Shots
Hot Shots Part Deux
BASEketball
Scary Movie 3

Now, exactly who do you think knows how spoofs are supposed to be done, and gave Scary Movie 3 a kick in revenue?

Yes i ment reputation, and i dought any body went to the movie to just see that guy. and like i say i dont care what your opionion of spoof is but scary movie was like a diff lvl of it. and thats what i liked. the only reason i went to theater to watch it was becuase it had the scary movie title and i thought it would be like the others. but i was sadly misstaken. thats why i have no itention on going to any other of there sequels

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 08:20 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Just for the record:

Wayans Brothers:

Don't Be a Menace..
Scary Movie 1
Scary Movie 2
White Chicks

Kentucky Fried Movie
Airplane!
Airplane The Sequel!
Top Secret!
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
The Naked Gun 33 1/3
Hot Shots
Hot Shots Part Deux
BASEketball
Scary Movie 3

I hate to brake it to ya but out of the millions of people that have seen the movie not most of them know how David Zucker is they just watch it for the commercials.The commercials where awesome and some of the best ive seen in a while and they showed the right parts and got people really anticipating the movie.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 08:26 PM