KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » O-Ren Ishii Speech

O-Ren Ishii Speech
Started by: DS25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DS25

Question O-Ren Ishii Speech

I'm trying to find the O-Ren Ishii speech that she makes to the yakuza leaders, but i'm looking for it in japanese

anything would be really great smile
thanks

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:00 PM
DS25 is currently offline Click here to Send DS25 a Private Message Find more posts by DS25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Here is the speech in English (I'm putting it in a spoiler since there is much profanity):

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "I'm going to say this in English so you know how serious I am. As your leader, I encourage you to -- from time to time and always in a respectful manner, and with the complete knowledge that my decision is final -- to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so. But allow me to convince you. And I will promise you, right here and now, no subject will be taboo...except the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or my American heritage as a negative is, I collect your ****in head. Just like this ****er here. Now if any of you sonsabitches got anything else to say, now's the ****in time."

I went here to try and translate it to Japanese, but my computer doesn't have Japanese characters. Better luck to you with it.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 09:05 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

That's from the script, right? The version directly from the movie goes as such:

As your leader, I encourage you to -- from time to time and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so. But allow me to convince you. And I will promise you, right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo...except the one that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or my American heritage as a negative is, I collect your ****in head. Just like this ****er here. Now if any of you sonsabitches got anything else to say, now's the ****in time."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 09:26 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Actually, I just typed in "O-ren Tanaka speech" and that's the first link that came up. I should have known better. Thanks for posting the REAL speech.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 02:11 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DS25

Thanks for the help!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 01:31 PM
DS25 is currently offline Click here to Send DS25 a Private Message Find more posts by DS25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

That's the one thing that sucks about citing Tarantino scripts - more often than not he's made about seven hundred alterations.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:03 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MNeto

In fact, the actual speech is:

"As your leader, I encourage you to -- from time to time and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so. But allow me to convince you. And I will promise you, right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo...except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or my American heritage as a negative is, I collect your ****in' head. Just like this ****er here. Now if any of you sonsabitches got anything else to say, now's the ****in time."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 04:17 AM
MNeto is currently offline Click here to Send MNeto a Private Message Find more posts by MNeto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buck came2 f**k

MNeto u said xatly what sarahvma said

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 02:00 PM
buck came2 f**k is currently offline Click here to Send buck came2 f**k a Private Message Find more posts by buck came2 f**k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I have the mp3 for that part, both in English and Japanese but is he size is too big to post it

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:45 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote