KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » the acting in Kb1 (and 2 i suppose)

the acting in Kb1 (and 2 i suppose)
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

the acting in Kb1 (and 2 i suppose)

i've been talking to people at school who've seen KB1 (i dont think they've seen KB2 yet though) and all the feedback i'm getting is negative. the main point people bring up though, is the acting in the movie. and of the main part of the acting, what was the thing they hated the most, the part that made them susequently (hope i spelt that right) hate the movie, the speech. one friend said "they act like daytime tv stars, their talking is almost Shatner-esq"
now i didn't try and point out that QT has writen some effing brilliant scripts and his dialogue is par none at the moment (as far as i can tell, correct me if i'm wrong) because it would fall apon deaf ears, but what do you guys think of the KB acting?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 11:01 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

I think he's doing an hommage to outdated cinema, and the movies he's referrencing contain that kind of unbelievable, stilted and cold acting. That's the point. If he wanted to make something realistic like Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs he could, but that wasn't the point here.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 11:29 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

"I beseech you for BOTH on behalf of my DAUGHTER".

Barf. Other than that, I could stomach the dialogue (understanding that he was sort of "paying tribute" to the bad acting/writing of that genre).

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 01:30 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I just watched a little of iron monkey 2 and it reminded me of kill bill allot..everything was over the top including the dialog..very abrupt speech then fighting..I think that you guys are right it is part of paying homage to other martial arts films..I really like it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 01:54 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shibbie720
goat sac

i thought it was wonderful ... but that's just me ...

=-manda-=

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:34 PM
shibbie720 is currently offline Click here to Send shibbie720 a Private Message Find more posts by shibbie720 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

all the negativity i heard about the movie was that there was way too much blood( but if theres not an excessive amount of blood its not funny now is it?)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:56 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I have to admit, I was a bit anti KB1, on account of Uma's atrocious acting. But my brother persuaded ((i.e. bullied wink)) me into going to see KB2 and I'm glad I did - it showed more of the other characters, who were played by better actors! big grin

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:30 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I liked Kill Bill Vol1&2's acting, I didn't see anything wrong with it; although it did reflect his tribute, or however it's been put, to previous films.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 09:15 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

There's also the point, as QT said, Kill Bill wouldn't happen in his 'movie world' like the others - it's something they would watch - so there wouldn't be the realistic natural conversation and movement, but more complex and acted.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:24 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

It was just great...the only thing i didn't like is when Beatrix said :"***** you can just stop it right there'...something like that. I don't know,her facial expression was not"real'..like she was laughing and tried to hide it (bad in my eyes)...that's all,the rest is BEAUTIFEL

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:31 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

What? Uma's acting was brilliant! She even got nominated for a Golden Globe

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 12:43 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Those kind of awards are generally meaningless no

but yeah she deserves it wink

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 01:20 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GTOgal76

i thouht she did a great job with the acting. QT basically wrote the role for her and he knows her acting style. i thought every body was great.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:34 AM
GTOgal76 is currently offline Click here to Send GTOgal76 a Private Message Find more posts by GTOgal76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

ill second that one!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:54 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, they all oriented their acting based on Tarantino's directing methods. This movies wasn't necessarily about masterpiece acting performances.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 06:50 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote