KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Return to Oz

Return to Oz
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Smile Return to Oz

This is the sequel to The Wizard of Oz of course, I loved this movie, anyone else seen it?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 10:21 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

saw it, thought it was crap sorry sad but dont feel bad, IMHO all the other OZ movies besides the original were crap including The Wiz

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 03:32 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

IMO, it was about as good as "The Wiz". I think that says it all?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 05:39 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoyScoutKevin

Re: Return to Oz

If one is familiar with the "Wizard of Oz" series of books by L. Frank Baum, this one comes much closer, then the earlier "Wizard of Oz," to the dark tone that is found in the books. And Fairuza Balk, who played Dorothy in "Return to Oz," is much closer in age to the Dorothy in the book, then was Judy Garland, when she played Dorothy in "Wizard of Oz."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 06:15 PM
BoyScoutKevin is currently offline Click here to Send BoyScoutKevin a Private Message Find more posts by BoyScoutKevin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It came out when I was really young. 10, I believe. Now I remember thinking it was kind of demented at the time. Especially the Wheelie things and something about quicksand I think. I don't think I would ever watch it again, but that's what I remember about the movie as a kid.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 06:32 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

why wot utter utter shit

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 07:10 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i didint even like the wizard of oz

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 07:53 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nach

sick first one was crap, and i hated the wizard of oz allegory unit we had to do back in middle school... then i remember that we had to watch the movie and i remember wanting to shut it off really bad. I saw the old version and i saw the munchkin hang himself on set in the back of one of the scenes.. my teacher showed us it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 08:29 PM
nach is currently offline Click here to Send nach a Private Message Find more posts by nach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

i was so scared by the wheelers....is that just me?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 10:08 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nach

yes, probably is

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:13 AM
nach is currently offline Click here to Send nach a Private Message Find more posts by nach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

no no...it definetly is

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:43 AM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Normally i dont like movie versions of books Ive liked but this was a pretty faithful rendition of how Oz should look compared to the garland version - so i have a soft-ish spot for it.

Plus Faruzzzzza made a great Dorothy...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:30 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote