KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thirteen

Thirteen
Started by: Aerosin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aerosin

Thirteen

i loved this movie, anyone liked it?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:28 AM
Aerosin is currently offline Click here to Send Aerosin a Private Message Find more posts by Aerosin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirtypop
sucker for love

Yeah it was really good; intense, but really amazing... And the acting was just fantastic, especially Evan Rachel Wood - she really brought her skills to this movie.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:43 AM
dirtypop is currently offline Click here to Send dirtypop a Private Message Find more posts by dirtypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

Yes...it was a delight to watch.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:44 AM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I saw it, is pretty interesting, and the acting is great

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:44 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Yes, it was amazing. eek!

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 08:24 AM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

i loved it too yes but this thred has been made erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 09:54 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I first saw this movie I was shocked at what kids my age can actually get into.It shows the journey of a younge girl getting into sex drugs ect ect and it really is amazing and shocking.The acting is top notch and really brings the movie up..

All and All this is a good movie wink 5/5

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 03:45 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

yeah i know...im a year older then theyre meant to do and i havnt even done half the stuff they have (gotten with a girl, drugs, all that stuff!) erm but like i said it was gr8!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 01:45 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

the only problem is that they should have hired actors who were actually 13 years of age. I know the girl who isn't Evan Rachael Wood is 13 or 14, but Evan Rachael Wood is like 15 or 16.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 03:17 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aerosin

no, evie was like 15 when she shot the movie
and tracy was like 17

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 07:01 PM
Aerosin is currently offline Click here to Send Aerosin a Private Message Find more posts by Aerosin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

meh..........it was decent I guess. There was no real plot to the movie........characters weren't developed very well. It was basically just a shock film.......a very irresponsible shock film at that.

The two audiences who viewed the film were kids......and parents. It presented a very unrealistic portrayal of 13 year old kids to each. It falsely presents the parents with "this is what your 13 year old is doing or could be doing".......and falsely presents kids with, "this is the way the cool 13 year old kids act....if you want to be cool, this is how".......

completely unnecissary.........made for shock value......nothing realistic about it. Now if the movie had been called Fifteen ......maybe.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 08:26 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it was trying to tell what some 13 year olds where like not necissary saying "this is what your kids are doing" but lets face it some kids get into that stuff at a younge age.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 09:42 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I may have to rent it, just to weigh in, since there's such a spirited debate goin' down.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 09:59 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its ok its one of those films made for shock value tho theres no real plot erm

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 10:06 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stormeister
Its ok its one of those films made for shock value tho theres no real plot erm

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
There was no real plot to the movie. It was basically just a shock film.

Is there an echo? stick out tongue

I'll keep that in mind when I am done watching the movie, since it seems as if when it comes to movies, I have a tendency to view it different than other people. In more analytical sense.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 10:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think there is...is...is stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 12:16 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Alright, I just finished it. You people and your "amazing" claims and generous ratings must have some flawed logic. Of course, nobody bothered stating what made it so special, other than the obvious.

1st gripe. It was very contrived. So, a girl is tired of being out of the loop, so she goes to Hot Topic to buy a vintage tee and some wristbands, and gets noticed in the course of just a couple of days. Hmm mm.

2nd gripe. There was no reluctance on her behalf. It's called "peer pressure" for a reason. She basically non chalantly played "monkey see, monkey do", and didn't chicken out. Ever.

3rd gripe. The sped up "de-evolution". Kind of hitting on what I spoke about in my first gripe, this chick from 0-60 in the course of about 2 weeks? There wasn't much of a timeline on which to base her descent, so it's a guesstimate.

4th gripe. What was with the partiality to these girls and African American boys? I'm not offended, but it seemed rather..out of place.

5th gripe. I understand that the kid is 13, and from a broken home, but was it really necessary to have EVERYTHING happen to her and her family? I mean, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her mother is a hairdresser, her boyfriend moves in, her friend and her kid stay for a while, they can't pay the bills, the girl becomes a huffing, cutting, pot smoking, scantily clad 7th grader with a violence fetish????

I got the point after learning Holly Hunter was a middle class single mom, which is usually a catalyst for not having a leash on your kids.

6th gripe. Oooh, yeah. There's more. The beginning and ending made no sense, in relation to the timeline. At the beginning of the film, where these freaks are huffing er whatever, the title reads "Four Months Earlier." Now, considering the movie technically ends with Avril Lavigne and her Latino whore gal pal on the bed, at the actual end of the movie, she's told that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she'll never see Evie again, because they are moving. Now, if the segment where they are throwing blows at each others numbed out faces, are they not seeing each other, as this scene is taking place after their initial seperation? Riddle me that.

Anywho, it tried way too hard to get across the message that kids are growing up faster than normal these days, unfortunately, it's not very indicitive of EVERY teen. It would have been smarter had they not focused on the cliched teenager with one parent and a low income. In the real world, even good parents have bad kids who get in with the wrong crowd.

You want some teen realism, go rent "KIDS". 2/5 from me, on this one. Belongs in movie purgatory with "King Arthur", and "Taking Lives", IMO.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jul 12th, 2004 at 04:05 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 04:01 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wasnt that bad stick out tongue

It had some very good acting in it though and the story had its flaws but it showed how some teens COULD react to these sort of things believe me Cinemaddiction its happened before this is 2004 teens are not what they used to be.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:09 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I didn't see anything special about the acting, personally. It was a teenager just playing an angry version of herself. Not much of a stretch.

Holly Hunter played a sympathetic mother to a T, though.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:14 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was talking about Holly Hunter more than the girls.Her breast where unessaccery tho sad

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:53 AM