KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Where the Buffalo Roam..

Where the Buffalo Roam..
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Where the Buffalo Roam..

I finally got around to seeing the companion movie, while being made in 1980, to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", called "Where the Buffalo Roam", starring Bill Murray.

It's pretty much the same premise as "Fear", where Hunter S. Thompson sets out to cover Super Bowl 6, in 1968, I believe, and trust me..he doesn't make it, lol.

I didn't plan on spoiling the movie, but if you haven't seen it, and enjoyed Johnny Depp's embodiment of the Dr. Gonzo character, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. Murray doesn't portray him as neurotic and on edge, but he's still got the look, mannerism, and even voice down.

It's a movie you more so experience, than really watch. It's just watching Thompson at work, and it's silly fun.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 03:51 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if my local Blockbuster carries it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:16 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I finally got around to seeing the companion movie, while being made in 1980, to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", called "Where the Buffalo Roam", starring Bill Murray.

It's pretty much the same premise as "Fear", where Hunter S. Thompson sets out to cover Super Bowl 6, in 1968, I believe, and trust me..he doesn't make it, lol.

I didn't plan on spoiling the movie, but if you haven't seen it, and enjoyed Johnny Depp's embodiment of the Dr. Gonzo character, I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. Murray doesn't portray him as neurotic and on edge, but he's still got the look, mannerism, and even voice down.

It's a movie you more so experience, than really watch. It's just watching Thompson at work, and it's silly fun.
this movie is a instant favorite for me, just watched it today, and fekking loved it.. But i'm a huge fan of HST and Fear, and any other book he has done...Bill Murray does a more realistic HST than J. Depp. I mean, this is actually about HST's life, when he goes to superbowl 6!!! and when he covers the election of 72.
Depp did the charecter from the book fear and loathing, the only charecter in WTBR was HST at his best times in life. In Fear, his name is Raoul Duke, which was in fact Thompson, he used that name when he would go into a Republican national convention, because the republicans knew HST and knew what he stood for.
So if you want to see what HST was really like, or what he portrays himself as...wait....wow, i just confused myself. here...if you want to see HST as his alter ego see Fear...Depp is awesome, and so is Del Toro.
But see WTBR if you want to see that guy that plays Raymonds dad on "everbody loves raymond"....you can see him with hair eek!.....it was truely an exellent movie big grin

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:21 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Is the guy who plays Raymond's dad Del Toro's character? If so, that would be awesome.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 02:49 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yeah, both are Laslo.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:10 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

God, I want to see that but there are no places to rent it from.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 05:47 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You could just buy it for $9. It's worth it, I think I've seen it 4 times now, so if I ever saw it cheap/used, I'd grab it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 05:51 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

me thinks i might have to look into this one

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 07:53 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I've been trying to find a copy of 'Where The Buffalo Roam' for about 6 years! It was discontinued on VHS, but I see it has now been released on DVD...

I always thought a young Murray as Hunter would be perfect...

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 11:54 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Anchor Bay released it, then it went out of print in 2003, then they re-released it earlier this year. I'm pretty sure there's only an R1, but everyone across the pond has a Region free player, I'd assume. $9 is a great deal.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 03:10 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Anchor Bay released it, then it went out of print in 2003, then they re-released it earlier this year. I'm pretty sure there's only an R1, but everyone across the pond has a Region free player, I'd assume. is a great deal.
I got mine for 6 dollars of of ebay big grin...gotta love ebay...

never opened for some reason erm...brilliant movie..

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 08:55 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote