KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Picks

Movie Picks
Started by: Stormy Day

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Movie Picks

Seen a good flick lately?
Wanna tell others about it and post a summary and review?
Heres the thread to do it at.

When writing about your "Movie Pick" write a summary your thoughts on the movie and a rating ?/5.

Coming Later Today

Starsky and Hutch
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:51 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just rented Starsky and Hutch and Confession of a Teenage Drama Queen I should have my comments on by tonight smile

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:18 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Re: Movie Picks

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy_Day
Seen a good flick lately?
Wanna tell others about it and post a summary and review?
Heres the thread to do it at.

Wouldn't that actually be the "Movie Review" section? Just curious.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:06 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

But I just wanted it to be for everybody(not trying to outdo you)if it gets moved...its get moved erm

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:35 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starsky and Hutch

Synoposis:In Starsky & Hutch, the origins of the charismatic crime-fighting duo David Starsky and Ken “Hutch” Hutchinson are explored when these undercover Bay City detectives are partnered for their very first assignment. Ben Stiller plays the tightly wound Detective David Starsky who is thrown together with Owen Wilson’s easygoing Detective Ken Hutchinson on a high-stakes case.

Review: Starsky and Hutch is an ordinary Actoin flick just with a 70s background and 70's looking characters.Ill admit like alot others on KMC Snoop Dog is the most wellcast person in this movie.Ben Stiller delivers another goofy uptight role which makes me think"when we'll he stop?" hes good for a few laughs but the best comedic performance in this film is from Owen Wilson.Its always a treat to see him on-screen and see what he can do with a role and he's a perfect up-to-date Hutch.

Nothing in this movie you can see from any other action/comedy movie out there its could for a rent to see with your friends to enjoy a few laughs.

Rating 3/5

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen

Synoposis:After moving to the suburbs, a teenage girl is forced to re-evaluate her priorities when she finds life there vastly different from what she has known before.

Review: I didnt have very much luck with movies this week and its doesnt get any better as you go along.I hardly laughed at anything in this movie and towards the beginning it just seems like its filled with alot of incomplete scenes and comments.I was expecting a movie I was going to enjoy from Lindsy Lohaln but I was wrong.The movie seemed like it just draged on and I didnt really care what happend to the characters.The relationship between Lindsey and her so called [/spoiler]boyfriend[SPOILER - highlight to read]: at the end of the film was ridiculous.First they didnt even build a relationship for the whole film then we skip to the last part where there kissing[spoiler] its just ridiculous.The only thing thats would probaly be worth seeing is the few of Lohalns drama queen acts but not enough.

Im not recommending this movie save your money and rent something else.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:50 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Blaire Witch Project"

I just finished watching the film 5 mintues ago.And personally it was 1hr and 30 minutes of my life wasted.I didnt like the movie at all.It was slow boring and it takes so long to get into the actuall point of the film.And the few scares it does have arent worth the wait.Its worth the watch if you wanna see what the hype was about in 1999 but other than that I dont recommend this film.

The Blaire Witch Project- 2.5/5

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 10:45 PM
furryman
honky

Watched half of S&H last night at a party. Two words: Carmen Electra.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 04:36 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Bourne Supremacy"

Synoposis-Jason Bourne, a man on a search to find out his real identity as he evades the CIA and assassins. This time, the story centers on a Chinese vice premier supposedly slain by Bourne.

I have to say that I fairly enjoyed this movie.The acting and the story where really good.On a bad note the camera is very shaky for a good portion of the film and when your sitting in the second row like me its not exactly a comfort zone.But besides the camera movement this movie is good action movie that deserevs a watch.

"The Bourne Supremacy"-4/5

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 11:20 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy_Day
"The Bourne Supremacy"

Synoposis-Jason Bourne, a man on a search to find out his real identity as he evades the CIA and assassins. This time, the story centers on a Chinese vice premier supposedly slain by Bourne.

I have to say that I fairly enjoyed this movie.The acting and the story where really good.On a bad note the camera is very shaky for a good portion of the film and when your sitting in the second row like me its not exactly a comfort zone.But besides the camera movement this movie is good action movie that deserevs a watch.

"The Bourne Supremacy"-4/5

You mean the 2nd row at the bottom, from the screen?

If so, why the hell are you sitting down where you can't see anything? laughing

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 11:31 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

The second row from the screen.

The whole theater was full,those where the only seats left sad

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 12:34 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had a pleasant more enjoyable time watching movies tonight.I saw Dogeball and I,Robot.

Synoposis-A group of misfits enter a Las Vegas dodgeball tournament in order to save their cherished local gym from the onslaught of a corporate health fitness chain.

I really enjoyed this movie and laughed out loud throughout the whole thing.I really enjoyed Vaughns and Stillers characters the most and enjoyed seeing them on the screen together again.The whole cast was hilarious and funny and I didnt think they could pull a movie about dogeball off but they did and made it hilarious.One seen in particular that I like it the car wash seen which was disturbing and hilarious big grin

"Dogeball"-4/5

Synopsis: In the year 2035 a techno-phobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.

Once again I had a very good time at the movies and I have to say this is an excellent action flick with story,character development,top notch CGI,and best of all Will Smith who've ive enjoyed on screen for as long as I can remember.Director Alex Proyas did an excellent job of creating this future universe where robots rome the earth and are human companions,or so it seems at first.This is probaly one the best action movies ive seen the past two years I remember being all tense and awed when I saw it and then when I got home I wanted to see it again.I dont see many movies that I want to see again either.I recommend this movie to everyone because it good original fun at the movies smile

"I,Robot"-4.5/5

Last edited by Stormy Day on Jul 27th, 2004 at 07:10 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 07:00 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

So, Stormy Day, is this your thread?

Going back to the Blair Witch post we started in Cory's thread, you said it wasn't too farfetched to say it was actual footage?

The actors used their real names for their characters. Remember Heather Donahue?

Here's her resume as an actress:

Heather Donahue's career as an actress

Somewhere in there it says: "Appeared in commercials for Steak N' Shake restaurants before landing her role in "The Blair Witch Project"."

Last edited by botankus on Jul 27th, 2004 at 11:17 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 11:14 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GTOgal76

i saw napoleon dynamite and it was way funny

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 06:18 PM
GTOgal76 is currently offline Click here to Send GTOgal76 a Private Message Find more posts by GTOgal76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
So, Stormy Day, is this your thread?

This thread is for everybody to post there picks of the week.Ive just been keeping it alive big grin

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
Going back to the Blair Witch post we started in Cory's thread, you said it wasn't too farfetched to say it was actual footage?

The actors used their real names for their characters. Remember Heather Donahue?

Here's her resume as an actress:

Heather Donahue's career as an actress

Somewhere in there it says: "Appeared in commercials for Steak N' Shake restaurants before landing her role in "The Blair Witch Project"."

Oh then I geuss it isnt confused.

I just thought since they didnt really show anything really onscreen except for the fingers and banging on the tent that it wasnt to far-fetched to think that it was real.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 07:13 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

That was exactly why, with the careful promotion of the film along with the film itself, that some people thought it was real. Hell, it's five years later and you did, too.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 07:33 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah confused

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 09:40 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just bought my ticket for "The Village" for a screening early friday morning.Ill have my review on by that day smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 11:19 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Whole Ten Yards"

Synopsis: Thanks to falsified dental records supplied by his former neighbor Nicholas "Oz" Oseransky (Perry), retired hitman Jimmy “The Tulip” Tudeski (Willis) now spends his days compulsively cleaning his house and perfecting his culinary skills with his wife Jill (Peet), a purported assassin who has yet to pull off a clean hit. Suddenly, an uninvited and unwelcome connection to their past unexpectedly shows up on Jimmy and Jill’s doorstep: it’s Oz, and he’s begging them to help him rescue his wife from a Hungarian mob. Together, they’ll have to go the whole nine yards – and then some – to manage the mounting Mafioso mayhem.

Review.I have to say I really enjoyed this movie and wasnt expecting much out of it seeing how it bombed in theaters.Matthew Perry once again delivers a good funny performace onscreen as does Bruce Willis.Both of them crack a few thought out jokes that I laughed at like crazy.But the downside to this movie for me was Amanda Peet since I cant stand her,but other than that its a really funny movie that deserves a watch smile

"The Whole Ten Yards"-7/10

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:40 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Stormy, do me a favor, go back to your original ?/5 rating.

There needs to be some diversification beweeen our threads, which is why I changed my rating in the first place.

Thanks.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:11 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

But some time you like a movie mediocrely.You feel that 4/5 may be a little to strong and that 3/5 may be a little to weak.So that why I change the rating sometims for certain movies smile.And I dont see how it matters confused

And the thing that was suppose to may our threads different is that this one is for everybody even thought people havent been replying.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 04:58 AM