KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Nominations for July's Movie of the Month

Nominations for July's Movie of the Month
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Smile Nominations for July's Movie of the Month

I saw The Butterfly Effect last night which is awsome so I nominate that smile

Oh and please don't nominate Spider-Man 2 since there's already a whole forum devoted for it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:41 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Is it true that Spider-man has more flaws in it than any other big budget movie?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:46 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I nominate Spider-Man 2

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:46 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Oh and please don't nominate Spider-Man 2 since there's already a whole forum devoted for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy_Day
I nominate Spider-Man 2

Pure ****ing genius.

I'll 2nd that "Butterfly Effect" vote.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:03 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

and i'll 2nd spider-man 2 just coz i was told not to evil face

Last edited by wuTa on Jul 21st, 2004 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:34 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

^^^

In that case, nobody nominate the newest Mary Kate and Ashley movie. evil face

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:33 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which one? sick

Why cant I nominate Spider-Man 2?That movies freakin awesome!!Who cares if it has its own forum ? erm

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:33 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Cab I Un-nominate the wretched eye-burning pile of fecal sludge that was "the butterfly effect"?

No?

Oh well - i'll nominate Napoleon Dynamite - mainly because I sadly expect that i'm the only person in this entire forum that's seen it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:37 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
Which one? sick

Why cant I nominate Spider-Man 2?That movies freakin awesome!!Who cares if it has its own forum ? erm

Good? Yes. Awesome? No. Overrated? Most definitely. But unfortunately, it will probably show up on next month's nomination list. It's a shame that the tendency to put only recently released films on is there... there are so many classic movies that will get overlooked because of any given month's slated blockbuster. That just doesn't seem right. It was nice to actually see Fight Club put up a good match against Harry Potter 3... says quite a bit about the movie, doesn't it?

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:41 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Oh, I'm nominating Blade Runner for this month as well. So much for Amazon Women on the Moon...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:43 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
i'll nominate Napoleon Dynamite - mainly because I sadly expect that i'm the only person in this entire forum that's seen it.

In that case, good luck getting it seconded.

I third The Butterfly Effect.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:11 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Which one? sick

Because it will have an unfair advantage, should it make it as one of the selections. Thus, being virtually unbeatable, giving no other films a chance.

Besides, everyone and their mother has seen the movie.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero

Oh well - i'll nominate Napoleon Dynamite - mainly because I sadly expect that i'm the only person in this entire forum that's seen it.

It's not even in wide release in the US until this Friday.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:49 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Because it will have an unfair advantage, should it make it as one of the selections. Thus, being virtually unbeatable, giving no other films a chance.

Besides, everyone and their mother has seen the movie.

I say because it was crap (or atleast MAJORLY overrated)

I didn't think Napoleon was out yet because my friend really wants to see it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:08 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still nominate Spider-Man 2 because its probaly the best movie ive seen all month erm

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:12 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
I still nominate Spider-Man 2 because its probaly the best movie ive seen all month erm

Sounds like you completely rule out rentals then when considering movies of the month. I'd seriously recommend looking at the thread recommending movies to check out... I guarantee there's a slew of them that you should easily be able to find at your rental store.

I truly believe that the movie of the month should be used as an opportunity to look at classic movies that many people may have missed, and not just focus on new releases. Otherwise I could give a farily good prediction of how movies of the month would pan out for the next few months:

August- Alien vs. Predator, or The Village
September- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
October- Shark Tale
November- The Incredibles
December- Blade: Trinity, or Oceans 12

For crying out loud, looking at these, I'd much rather recommend an older film and let these age a little. Not only are there better movies, but these are just too obvious selections to be chosen for movie of the month.

I stand by my nomination for Blade Runner. And I will fourth Butterfly Effect... I was pleasantly surprised with it. Guess that makes the first official candidate for the ballot.

Last edited by Primitive Screwhead on Jul 21st, 2004 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:21 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Rilly? I did not know that - in which case I'm glad I managed to catch it while I was over. Boo-Yah.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:24 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:

From what I understand, Black Cat and Kes are the heads of this little endeavour, therefore, you're going against their authority, and your vote won't count, neither would anyone elses that vote for the movie.

You dig?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:59 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead #1

I truly believe that the movie of the month should be used as an opportunity to look at classic movies that many people may have missed, and not just focus on new releases.

Then why not pitch a "current movie of the month and classic (older than 5 years) movie of the month" to the mods. It would be a vast improvement.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 08:03 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

People should know that we're shooting for lesser known movies here, not ones every has seen. The point of the thread being to spread the word about said movies.

It's basically what I do in my thread, just with others input.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 08:05 PM
Solo

Napoleon Dynamite all the way.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 08:09 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote