KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best Film Ending Visually?

Best Film Ending Visually?
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Best Film Ending Visually?

What is the best film ending visually? Like an awesome action sequence or something with cool special effects. Not things like The Usual Suspects or endings that are good because of their twist.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 10:04 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Spider-Man 1 2002 because it ended with Spidey classically swinging from building to building like I always grew up seeing in the comics and cartoons.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 12:42 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

and then him with the american flag.. not only did they cut out the twin towers they throw in american patriotism... dont get me wrong i love america but that was pointless it was a movie not real life... and didnt need to make spider man seem liek a patriot just beacause nieve americans just now realised terrorism exists

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 12:56 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Actually it was more realistic becuase do you have any idea how many flags are hanging around New York every day Spider-Man had to eventually come in to contact with one of them. wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:00 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

they didnt bother with realism anywhere else pointless to do it there.. and dont kid yourself saying it was because realism it was patriotism.. id rather have him swinging off to stop a crime then again the spiderman movies are more about peter parkers life blowing then they are about him being a super hero

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:05 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

If it wasn't more about Peter than nobody would relate to the character and it wouldn't be successful as a movie or a comic book. wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:08 AM
furryman
honky

2001: A.S.O. I guess messed happy
Fight Club - Pixies playing, buildings falling down, Helena BC and Eddie big grin

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:59 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rambo

Fight Club. With all the buildings exploding

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 02:50 AM
Rambo is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I always grew up seeing in the comics and cartoons.

How old are you, anyway?

My vote goes to "Chronicles of Riddick".

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Riddick had just defeated the king of the Necromongers, the race that threatened him and his home planet. Their creed being "You keep what you kill", after killing him, he fell backwards onto a chair.

As the camera panned out, they showed the Necromongers, as well as Lord Vaako, kneeling down, with Riddick sitting atop the King's throne!
He had become the leader of the very army that was about to destroy everything he loved, for which he had come back for.

Awesome Catch 22, and the perfect ending to a movie.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:21 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Close Encounters of the First Kind.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:39 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

..or Third, whichever. big grin

(I love your sig pic, BTW. Perfectly sinister.)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:41 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
..or Third, whichever. big grin

(I love your sig pic, BTW. Perfectly sinister.)

well thanks! smile

Oh GOD I have Dementia! laughing
Close Encounters of the Third Kind stick out tongue

Here's another: "Smile you son of a B*itch!"

JAWS

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jul 24th, 2004 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:57 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I think a film that has a good ending visually is Spawn evil face

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:20 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Prophet, I had asked how old you were, it's in regards to a subsequent "Spider Man" question.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:23 AM
Praylu

I reverse the question now and ask you the same how old are you?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:44 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You just answered my question. Thanks.

Oh, and I'd like to suggest the ending to "Man on Fire".

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Gracie, a religious man, gives himself up in exchange for Lupe's life. The music fades low, and as he's being taken away in the back seat of the car, his hand is on his Mary necklace/medallion, and he slowly passes away, then the movie fades to black.

Just some beautiful irony, if there is such a thing.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jul 24th, 2004 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:46 AM
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

Can we compact the debating to one thread please?.. wouldn't want to miss it.

And, Requiem for a Dream ended beautifully. Wait, all of Requiem for a Dream was beautiful (the cinematography) the movie all together is possibly one of the best shot movies ever fabricated.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:56 AM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illyria
TV trumps Reality

My younger sister could not stop raving over Requiem of a Dream. She says the movie was perfect and the filmmakers did not mess up the ending either.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:58 AM
Illyria is currently offline Click here to Send Illyria a Private Message Find more posts by Illyria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

quote:
Originally posted by Illyria
My younger sister could not stop raving over Requiem of a Dream. She says the movie was perfect and the filmmakers did not mess up the ending either.

Requiem FOR a dream... and how did they mess up the ending? The ending was brilliant.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 09:38 AM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

RFAD is amazing.

The ending of Big Fish

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 11:03 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote