KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » spy kids created a new...era?

spy kids created a new...era?
Started by: Cepheus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cepheus

spy kids created a new...era?

have u notice that after spy kids many spy kids movies have been out?? that movie even tho it's not very good created a new era in hollywood!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:04 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

The first "Spy Kids" (2001) cost $35 million, and made nearly $112.7 million.
The second one (2002) cost $39 million, and made $85.5 million.
The third (2003) cost $39 million, and made $111.7 million.

Do the math. Even though the two "Cody Banks" movies didn't do nearly as well (the second one LOST money!), it's the sort of success that will definitely inspire copycats. In fact, they're planning a series of video games based on the "Spy Kids" movies. The bottom line IS always the almighty dollar.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:18 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

true, its just like any other type of movie that gets money. such as spider-man has paved a way for tons of other super hero movies.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:25 AM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Superman", "Batman", "X Men", "Men In Black", and "Blade" paved the way for other comic book movies, considering all of them were made before "Spiderman".

quote:
Originally posted by Major Knight
just think before talking. plz and thnx

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jul 29th, 2004 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:18 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theone0103
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of Spy Kids...has anyone head anything on a Spy Kids 4??

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:22 AM
theone0103 is currently offline Click here to Send theone0103 a Private Message Find more posts by theone0103 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can only think of 3 other movies that invole children as spys

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:31 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Spy Kids 1-3
Harriet the Spy
Agent Cody Banks 1 + 2

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:46 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Superman", "Batman", "X Men", "Men In Black", and "Blade" paved the way for other comic book movies, considering all of them were made before "Spiderman".
dude none of those movies realy paved much way for the big ones comming now. i do admit x-men prolly incouraged spider-man, but the old stuff like bat-man and superman didn't do much other wise those other movies would've been made faster. and blade well i dont think he could pave crap on that matter so i really dont care. but all i ment was that spider-mans income made other plp think about other movies being made like that. iron-man, fantastic 4, batman begins all that kinda crap would prolly not be made without spider-man success, well maybe batman but prolly not the rest. so yea do think before you talk CD.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 06:15 AM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

None of the ones you mentioned on their way are by any means "big".

To say that "Batman" especially, being a $1.4 BILLION dollar movie franchise did absolutely nothing to usher in other comic movies, is ludicrous.

"Blade" gave hope to smaller comic book franchises like "Hellboy", and "Batman", "Superman", and "X Men", coupled with popular demand, helped those like "Spiderman".

Granted "The Phantom", "The Avengers", and the original "Punisher" were poor movies, and faired accordingly in the box office, but those are the earliest examples of how "Batman" and "Superman" both cracked the door for the genre.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:41 PM
wallywest13
The Fastest Man Alive

catch that kid is kind of a spy kid thing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 09:54 PM
wallywest13 is currently offline Click here to Send wallywest13 a Private Message Find more posts by wallywest13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpiderGurl

I know that Superman, Batman movies, and Men in Black were out long before the current superhero movies but as someone who was never into "comic book movies" until recently, I would honestly say that X-Men paved the way for the comic book movie craze. Spiderman was the most successful (and also my favorite) , but Xmen really started it for me, at least.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 10:33 PM
SpiderGurl is currently offline Click here to Send SpiderGurl a Private Message Find more posts by SpiderGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Spy Kids
Agent Cody Banks
Catch That Kid
This "Thunderbirds" thing looks pretty similar as well...

And I could be wrong but wasn't Harriet the Spy made BEFORE Spy Kids? I might be thinking of a different version, but I remember watching a Harriet the Spy movie when I was like 10 or 11...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 12:16 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

o god i hope not. . . I saw the first one, it was ok, and i saw part of the second one, it was. .. . eh. but the 3rd one!!!! omg!!!!!! I wanted to kill those kids!

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 12:58 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

i noticed that too.... ever since Spy Kids there've been more damn kid spy movies made.... i dont understand why anyone would wanna see those kind of movies, they look so stupid!!!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 06:50 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote:
Originally posted by wallywest13
catch that kid is kind of a spy kid thing

yeah and well spy kids isnt that old... so cody banks, is kinda a famous movie and is sooo based on spy kids, so is catch that kids, the director didnt want ppl to think it was a spy movie but it is.... "they're on a mission, wihout permission" cool name right? but the movie SUCKS plus i bet lot of other spy movies r coiming (kids)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:28 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote